• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When you get a published piece do you also like to own the printed material?

29 posts in this topic

I wonder where he frames his stuff... That is a fabulous job :cloud9:

He said he gets it done at a local mom and pop type place (if I remember correctly) and that the staff loves to see the different art he brings in. I was in awe the first time I saw his stuff.

He said he gets it done at a local mom and pop type place (if I remember correctly) and that the staff loves to see the different art he brings in. I was in awe the first time I saw his stuff.

Thats awesome... I bet it's double the price where I live too :tonofbricks:

Yep, Matthew's stuff is CRAZY! :cloud9:

Well. early on I set one of my criteria for buying a piece is it has to be from a book I read. There is just too much good art out there and I was going after anything I thought looked good. So yes, I have the printed version of my originals(most of them anyway, rules are meant to be broken sometimes).

Hi, the answer to your question depends on the art. Like some have said earlier, some of the newer art's color looks terrible, so I don't get my McKone F4 pages comic pages framed with the original art. But on some of the older art, I like to frame the page next to it. And at the least like to have the comic that it was published in.

here are some examples I framed myself, pretty cheap too, mylar d is the key

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0204.JPG

DSCF0058.JPG

doom_wall.JPG

most double splash pages look amazing on their own and I don't frame them with the comic page, nor pages that are great splashes that look amazing on their own. Just depends on the image.

I too like to have the published page near the OA. Its neat to look at both and see what has changed etc etc.

When the art are in sleeves, I try to keep a copy of the published page in a mylite inside the sleeve.

If the art is framed, I frame it close by. I don't have a big frame that has both because I am cheap! A frame with all the square footage is expensive. I typically spend money on an archival frame for the OA, and a cheap frame for the page (who cares if it rots, I'll just stick another copy in there! :)

I still have not mastered embedding pics in here, but here is a link to my CAF showing OA framed with the published comic

And they Alan Moore books too so go have a look!

Malvin