• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun 54, CGC 6.5 with mod. rest. on Ebay...

29 posts in this topic

As I mentioned to another board member the 5.5 copy that Rick owns and a 5.0 one are the only unrestored copies in the census between 2.5 and 7.5. Tough to find a nice mid grade copy at a decent price so this should have lots of interest.

(thumbs u

True, I owned a nice 52 & 53 before I was able to get a decent 54. 6.0 is a high grade for that issue (unrestored).

My favorite cover in the run! :cloud9:

I used to own the Nova Scotia copy. Looked great but had a non color breaking sub type crease on the front cover.

As I mentioned to another board member the 5.5 copy that Rick owns and a 5.0 one are the only unrestored copies in the census between 2.5 and 7.5. Tough to find a nice mid grade copy at a decent price so this should have lots of interest.

(thumbs u

True, I owned a nice 52 & 53 before I was able to get a decent 54. 6.0 is a high grade for that issue (unrestored).

I used to own the Nova Scotia copy. Looked great but had a non color breaking sub type crease on the front cover.

I was so close to "high grade" with my 5.5 :sorry:

(thumbs u

The Nova Scotia copy is sitting on Metro's site and it is stunning. Issue #52 seems like a bugger to find unrestored although I see that the 3.0 copy Popscomics had listed on EBay was delisted early. Maybe someone here bought it? #54 defintely is the best cover of the run. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

The Nova Scotia copy is sitting on Metro's site and it is stunning. Issue #52 seems like a bugger to find unrestored although I see that the 3.0 copy Popscomics had listed on EBay was delisted early. Maybe someone here bought it? #54 defintely is the best cover of the run. (thumbs u

what were they asking for the 52?

gator

Looked great but had a non color breaking sub type crease on the front cover.

Steve, my Detroit Trolley AA16 has the same sub type crease - if you know, were subscriptions actualy being solicited back then?

The Nova Scotia copy (MF 54) is sitting on Metro's site and it is stunning.

Wow, one wonders how did that grade VF/NM with a non color breaking sub type crease on the front cover?!? (shrug)

Looked great but had a non color breaking sub type crease on the front cover.

Steve, my Detroit Trolley AA16 has the same sub type crease - if you know, were subscriptions actualy being solicited back then?

The Nova Scotia copy (MF 54) is sitting on Metro's site and it is stunning.

Wow, one wonders how did that grade VF/NM with a non color breaking sub type crease on the front cover?!? (shrug)

From the scan you can't even see it and the corners are razor sharp, bright colors, great PQ, looks like a 9.0?

The sub-LIKE crease was extremely light and was not a fold. I think Payette sold it to me as a 8 or 8.5

Beautiful book :cloud9: , I paid double 94 guide at the time. 12 years ago, I think hm

When you sold it, what grade did you assign it? hm

what were they asking for the 52?

gator

Opening bid of $21,900, BIN of $25,900. Think it was $18,000 or so last time it was listed?

holy cow!

6 months ago, it was $15K?

I haven't seen enough new demand to warrant that kind of jump...maybe they took it down because they realized it was priced out of line?

rick