• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Names in Comics

21 posts in this topic

I've been browsing through the posts here for the last few days, and I keep coming across references to specific industry people, but those references assume prior knowledge of who these people are. I never really paid attention to that stuff before, so I'm a bit lost. I figured it might be useful to start a thread that could act as a sort of "who's who in comics" repository.

So, who are the movers and shakers in the comics industry these days? Do people like Overstreet and Quesada (sp?) have connections with each other, with big companies like Mile High, with CGC, etc.? Hmm, come to think of it, who are the people behind CGC anyway? I looked at the info on the web site when I first found it last week, but it only listed bios for the graders. Who's bankrolling the whole 3rd party grading phenomenon? (Any black helicopters and grassy knolls involved? wink.gif )

Anywho, just a thought. Anyone care to toss a few names out there?

- SK

Holy crow! That was the fastest Thread Hijacking EVER!

One post and under ONE minute! Amazing!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And yes, there are black helicopters on the hor--urk-- piano... wire... around... neck... must... see... who... Gemma????? >urk< flamed.gif

lol! Ok, let me rephrase that last bit a little more specifically:

If you are so inclined, please post the names of well-known and/or influential people currently involved in the comic book industry, along with any relevant biographical information you may have regarding their comics-related activities.

*chuckle*

- SK

If you are so inclined, please post the names of well-known and/or influential people currently involved in the comic book industry, along with any relevant biographical information you may have regarding their comics-related activities.

*chuckle*

- SK

Hmmmm - I think we got not only a thick skinned but also a persistent one! All our worst naghtmares are about to come twue! RandomSidekick is actually the Dwead Piwate Woberts! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

*chuckle*

- SK

sign-funnypost.gif

This thread is rather goofy--reminds me of the attitudes of Favreau and Vaughn's characters in the movie Swingers for some reason--but anyway, here's your first straight answer--Jay Parrino. He buys all the best stuff and sells it to rich coin collectors who don't give a rip about comics. devil.gifangel.gifflowerred.gif

Stan

Kyle

Eric

Kenny

Terence

Philip

Timmy

Note: The CGC Forums are an Equal Rights Community

Butters

Mister Hanky 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Tweak insane.gif

and how could we POSSIBLY forget....CHEF!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Or Token

Stan

Kyle

Eric

Kenny

Terence

Philip

Timmy

Note: The CGC Forums are an Equal Rights Community

Butters

Mister Hanky 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Tweak insane.gif

and how could we POSSIBLY forget....CHEF!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Oh yeah...and...err...just a second now. I'll get it. That's IT! That's the melody to Funky Town! Let me take you DOWN...to funky TOWN....errrr...oh yeah!

Towlie!

::I have no idea what's going on!::