• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Bronze Cover Thread

25 posts in this topic

All the recent talk about the great Adam's covers, the best Spidey covers, and cover art being a driving force behind breakout prices made me think of this, uh, gem? Is this the worst cover in the run or what?!?! I mean, look at how seamlessly Cap is weaved into the background - and the Spidey pose is a classic! They just don't make 'em like this anymore...fortunately. 27_laughing.gif

(Please note this is not the Official Best Bronze Cover Thread.)

mtu128.jpg

They look like $10 "action figures" posed in front of a postcard.

Sounds like something I would've done in elementary school! Actually, I still have a picture of a diorama I did in 5th grade with my 4" Hulk mini-mego battling the US Army on the set of Fort Apache. I had the classic green soldiers, Tanks, and bazookas...and even some blue US Calvary guys from the Ft Apache set.

As for the MTU, the Cap is a real person, and I think the Spidey is from the TV show, but they went back in and drew the weblines and eyes on the costume.

Man, that is an awful cover! I was so fixated on Spider-Woman thatI didn't even notice the other characters on the cover. Scary!

Sweet book, Greggy! Scooter sure is one strapping young lad! No wonder the ladies swoon over him! cloud9.giftongue.gif

Chris

I think I got two...

That butterfly looking gal is the Wasp right?

And that is the "Werewolf by Night" werewolf right?

Who the heck is the glowing guy with the sneakers? confused.gif

Not Quicksilver is it???

the Hulk cover featuring a look alike Santa Clause vs. the grey hulk was pretty fabulous.......actually check out this link regarding judging comic books by their covers. there are a few very cool covers here including Captain America -no more- & the Fantastic 4....

http://members.tripod.com/~mister_meesh/misc_covers3.html

Don't know for sure but is that the Shroud standing below? Tigra, maybe, and the Hangman (wasn't he a SW villian?)

God, that cover is cheesy...

Yep, that's Tigra and Werewolf, and some of the others must be lame-o Spider-woman villains. I know that many of the Werewolf villains came over to that mag, so it's likely:

Hangman

The Needle

Gypsy Moth (not the Wasp)

The Enforcer (or a Brother Grimm)

The Shroud

Tatterdemalion

And that crazy silver-haired guy has to be... Mickey Silk

Hey, who's that guy down at the bottom-right in the robe? Ah, the Locksmith!

Maybe it's Silvermane grin.gif...actually the Shroud was pretty cool...

Nah, I read that issue awhile back and just had to jog my memory. All the heros and villains are locked up (by Locksmith natch) along with good old Mickey.

Thought he might have been a really bad rendition of Flying Tiger for a minute there.

I think I got two...

That butterfly looking gal is the Wasp right?

And that is the "Werewolf by Night" werewolf right?

Who the heck is the glowing guy with the sneakers? confused.gif

Not Quicksilver is it???

Looks like Tigra down there in the blue bikini... Maybe Black Bolt from the Inhumans above??

The glowing guy with the sneakers is clearly an escaped Oompah Loompah who has been exposed to radiation and obtained a pair of sneakers.