• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got any cool art on the back of your OA pages?

33 posts in this topic

I just got my Infantino page I won off of comiclink in the mail today. The page is awesome, just as I figured. But I got a free bonus in the process. There is a nice sketch of a freakin' hot woman on the back :headbang:

I once owned a Joe Simon page that had a detailed penciled and inked self-portrait on the back.

That got me to thinking, what extra art do you have on the back of your OA pages?

Here are the two pieces I have owned, with the art on the back...

Infantino page

CarmineInfantino2.jpg

Simon page

hc8.jpg

I just got my Infantino page I won off of comiclink in the mail today. The page is awesome, just as I figured. But I got a free bonus in the process. There is a nice sketch of a freakin' hot woman on the back :headbang:

I once owned a Joe Simon page that had a detailed penciled and inked self-portrait on the back.

That got me to thinking, what extra art do you have on the back of your OA pages?

Here are the two pieces I have owned, with the art on the back...

Infantino page

CarmineInfantino2.jpg

Simon page

hc8.jpg

Great girl!! How much just for the back art/sketch on that Infantino page? I am only interested in a price for the back of the page art.

Great girl!! How much just for the back art/sketch on that Infantino page? I am only interested in a price for the back of the page art.

lol lol lol That's a good one. :grin:

Nice posts everyone! I didn't realize there was so much that was hidden on the back of those OA pages.

This is the front of the page from Thor 154

Thor154pg17.jpg

Thor154pg17aspub.jpg

front has copious notes from stan lee about changing the story (some art redrawn and new dialogue added. Hippies were originally tougher looking and were trying to rob Thor's hammer). lee's notes change that and indicates how the hippies should look and directs artist to the back. Don't know who drew the examples on the back, but this is what lee thought they should look like .

Thor154back.jpg

This is the front of the page from Thor 154

Thor154pg17.jpg

Thor154pg17aspub.jpg

front has copious notes from stan lee about changing the story (some art redrawn and new dialogue added. Hippies were originally tougher looking and were trying to rob Thor's hammer). lee's notes change that and indicates how the hippies should look and directs artist to the back. Don't know who drew the examples on the back, but this is what lee thought they should look like .

Thor154back.jpg

That would be pretty cool if Stan drew them. You might have a Stan Lee original, and he didn't even draw! It might be pretty likely since those doodles are definitely NOT the work of a seasoned professional artist!!!!

hm hm hm

I love this thread

I have found some great stuff on the back of pages...I even have a small gallery on my CAF with this as its focus...but the best back of the page is the Everett Captain America on my "home" page

http://cafurl.com?i=1623

Also found a nice head sketch on the back of a Paul Smith Dr. Strange page.

--- Mark