• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got any cool art on the back of your OA pages?

33 posts in this topic

I love this thread

I have found some great stuff on the back of pages...I even have a small gallery on my CAF with this as its focus...but the best back of the page is the Everett Captain America on my "home" page

http://cafurl.com?i=1623

Also found a nice head sketch on the back of a Paul Smith Dr. Strange page.

--- Mark

what page is that from?

Well - I bought this great Catwoman cover prelim from Adam Hughes:

6pt6649.jpg

And found this on the back:

7xucheu.jpg

It's a twofer!

And the best part is - it was one big piece of paper folded in half. So if I really wanted to, I could make two pieces of art out of the one.

On the back of a Philip Tan X-Men Wolverine cover is a fully pencilled Nightcrawler splash holding a skull. When I bought the cover, it was in his art portfoilo so I didn't realize the bonus sketch was there until after I had it in my hands.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=182716&GSub=59675&GCat=0&UCat=0

Cheers!

Nelson

I have a Tim Truman GrimJack page that has the page kind of full-size thumbnailed on the back.

It looks like he perhaps sketched and blocked for blacks in reverse on the back of the page and then inked on a lightbox.

Anyone else have a Tim Truman page with this technique?

I like the idea, since a lot of artists say that if you want to see inconsistencies in a face or design, look at it upside down or backwards, and they'll be more obvious. Seems like he's killing several birds with one stone.