• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying from Milehighcomics

33 posts in this topic

Quick synopsis: Don't buy anything above VG expecting to get a book in the grade advertised (thumbs u

I didn't know where to start in replying but you've summed it up perfectly. I will buy cheapy lower grades from MileHigh if I have specific holes to fill and don't mind paying $2 to $3 for 50 cents to a $ 1 book. Aside from that, I would stay away.

Generally speaking, Scrooge has it on the head- you PROBABLY (i.e. 90+% of the time) won't get a good deal from them. Last December I did get some books from them however; Chuck's end of the week discount added with some combined sales. Mind you, they were CA books and not SA.

Service was good and when I had a copy of the wrong book sent to me, they 1. let me keep the incorrect book and 2. shipped the right book at their cost for priority UPS. I'm willing to bet you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere though.

Has anyone purchased from Milehighcomics? I need to fill some holes and am considering a VF Thor from them.

Don't.

I concur.

I am probably one of the boards biggest Mile High fans. Even I would think twice about buying Silver Age in VFN from them unless it's CGC'd.

Earl.

I'd add Bronze Age to that list of concerns.

I really tried - a few years ago I ordered a Silver Age NM. It had a bug chew of 1" on the right mid front cover....

I'd heard they were better with Bronze Age and later. So I finally found a Bronze Age NM at a quasi-reasonable price. (i.e during a 40% plus 40% plus 40% off "sale"). The book I received was (generously) a VF at best.

In short, if you care about higher-grade books, and you're thinking of purchasing from milehigh,

DON'T.

I have never tried to send any comics back. I am one of those people who take the good with the bad...and just keep the comic. But i did try not to buy any high priced book from them!!! I found there grading can be very hit or miss. Buying runs of books in VF like i did from them you do come across a few that are rags. But i would not roll the dice on a NM high dollar book from them!!!

Do they take returns if unstaisfied with the grade?

MH is ok on Bronze Age in Fine and below. In fact sometimes you get VFs in that mix. However, I would never, never, never buy any Silver Age book in VF... no way in hell you'll get VF.

Maybe having the "world's largest inventory" has its consequences--but what accounts for their longevity? If this thread is any indication, it doesn't seem like it's from sales of HG issues. Is it the Mile High find and the reputation that followed? Is it the availability of issues in general? Neither? A combination? (whatever it is, their clan certainly looks like a happy crew on their ebay store site)

They are a one-stop shop for people filling runs who are not condition sensitive. There are such people, though not many on these boards. And instead of getting killed on shipping by purchasing from multiple eBay sellers, these buyers load up with Chuck-- shipping is free once you reach the $40 mark.