• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery 63

6 posts in this topic

I bought this many years ago and have long wondered about the grade. I remember when I was a kid buying this I was impressed that I was buying a Marvel Mystery. Now I'm really glad this was the issue I got because I rarely see it for sale (probably once in the past year) and I absolutely love the cover.

I didn't realize until I opened this that the staple is detached from the cover. The cover is not detached from the comic, just from the staple.

I'm no good at estimating grades so anyone's best guess is appreciated. :grin:

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

"The cover is not detached from the comic, just from the staple"

splain that one to me Lucy?

Single Staple book...cover detached? If not detached (glued?)

If the cover is detached like my wonderful copy, then CGC 2.5 -3.0....cover somehow attached 4.0-4.5.

I know, seems strange to me too. I opened it up for the first time in 10+ years and the cover clearly opened up when I was holding it and did not fall away even though the staple wasn't holding it on.

Don't know much about the process back then (whether or not glue was used). I assume not but I don't see any glue added to it or any other obvious reason. Maybe it's just been closed so long that static is holding the cover tight to the spine?

Nothing I come up with makes sense but that's the way it seems to be... (shrug)