• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Epic Comic Convention returns to Orlando, Florida Dec. 9, 2007

7 posts in this topic

The Epic Comic Con is returning to sunny Orlando!!!

December 9, 2007

At the Radisson Orlando- Celebration

Orlando, Florida

First and foremost, we would like to thank all of the gracious dealers that made the first “Epic Comic Con” a success. We appreciate your involvement and only with your support, can we make “Epic” into the show you want it to be.

We have started an aggressive promotional program and have brought on several new Orlando based stores to help us. Without the support of the local shops, we have nothing. We want to thank you all.

The Show (www.Epiccomiccon.com)

Located in lovely Orlando, Florida at the Radisson Orlando-Celebration (Exit 64 off I-4) just five minutes from Disney, this comic book and comic collectibles show is sure to be a big hit among collectors as well as the dealers who attend. The 6000 square foot dealer room will host 100 plus 8 foot tables to accommodate dealers from all over the nation. It’s unique, one day appeal allows dealers from all over the country to get involved without a great deal expense and provide the perfect location for a Weekend vacation visit to Walt’s Kingdom.

Dealer Tables still available for this show

Dealer tables are still available for this show. If you are interested in being a dealer at this or one of our upcoming Comic and Collectible related shows, Please contact us at Epiccomics@aol.com or by phone at (813)952-4240.

The Epic Comic Convention is pleased to announce the addition of the following Celebrities for this show

Tommy Castillo- Comic Artist, Grimm Fairy Tales, Horror Artist

John Beatty- Batman, Secret Wars, Captain America

Austin Janowsky- Comic Artist, 10th Muse, SHI

Pablo Marcos- Comic Artist, Marvel Bronze age Legend

Joe Fauvel- Comic Artist “Cry”

Jesse Hansen- Comic Artist

Mitch Hyman- Comic Writer, “Bubba the Red Necked Werewolf”

Chris Lesley- Comic Artist

Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc- Horror, Gothic Author of, “Michael” and “The Two”

Jeffrey Breslauer- Actor, Voice Actor

Dan Stapleton- Magician who appeared on “Love Boat”

Greg “The Hammer” Valentine- WWF, WCW “Tag Team and Inter Continental” Champion “Wrestler”

Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart- WWF, WCW “Tag Team Champion” Half of the “Hart Foundation” “Wrestler”

I don't think anything could be as bad as Orlando Convention was. I didn't do the first show so I can't really comment on it other than what I herd through the grape vine and that was only that attendance was low. I don't know if it would be worth it for you to make the trip because I don't think you will see anymore or different dealers than were at the Orlando convention, and most or all of those are also usually at Tampa.

I do know the promoter intends to continue to do the show on a regular basis and is making an effort to get guest and promote the show. I plan to go ahead and support it by setting up at this next one. But it is only a 30 minute drive for me. I hope it develoupes in to a fun con with steady attendence.

Wish I could tell you for certain Jim but I missed the show last time. I also know the promoter and would like to see the show do well so I will attend this time but not likely to set-up for various reasons unrelated to the show itself.

If MCMiles will be there then you can expect some nice Silver & Bronze with a smattering of nice Gold & Timelys.

I will be in Daytona in a week and a half for the show there and will ask all of the central Florida regulars about the Epic show and post a report in this thread for your consideration in about 2 weeks.

I don't forsee any of the problems that the last Orlando show had with this Epic show.

The two biggest shows in Florida are FX & Megacon with Megacon being similar to most of the country's big ones (except San Diego of course). FX is a very mixed genre show with TV stars for talent but has good comic dealers & is a good buyer's/collector's show I would say. Off of the top of my head, I can recall Chris of Heroes & Dragons out of Columbia setting-up at FX.

Megacon will see Dale Roberts from as far away as KY & Richard of Bedrock (MrBedrock on the boards) from Houston was there last year with his GA goodness. So it really is a "national" type event.

If the drive is the worry and you only have one to pick, Megacon is the one.

Trying to get my ducks in a row so that I can attend this one. I missed Tampa & Daytona and need to redeem myself.

Lets see some support for Jeff!!

I don't think anything could be as bad as Orlando Convention was. I didn't do the first show so I can't really comment on it other than what I herd through the grape vine and that was only that attendance was low. I don't know if it would be worth it for you to make the trip because I don't think you will see anymore or different dealers than were at the Orlando convention, and most or all of those are also usually at Tampa.

I do know the promoter intends to continue to do the show on a regular basis and is making an effort to get guest and promote the show. I plan to go ahead and support it by setting up at this next one. But it is only a 30 minute drive for me. I hope it develoupes in to a fun con with steady attendence.

Hey Mike, how was the show? I had too much to do today and couldn't make it.