• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Superman 1 on Ebay

8 posts in this topic

well, for a guy who knows the business, thi sline is a bit hard to swallow:

First, you need to know exactly what you are looking at. According to the most recent GCG Census, there are exactly two known copies of Superman #1 in unrestored grade higher than 6.0. One is 7.5 and one is 8.0, and there are no higher grade copies known to exist!

to quote Yoda: "There is another.."

another thing I notice is that he says, as a CGC book, it is non-returnable. Now, as a guy who'd\s been around all these years, isnt that a bit too much lik eth elittle guys approach? you bought, you keep it? Why would a 30K book ever be non-returnable??

well, for a guy who knows the business, thi sline is a bit hard to swallow:

First, you need to know exactly what you are looking at. According to the most recent GCG Census, there are exactly two known copies of Superman #1 in unrestored grade higher than 6.0. One is 7.5 and one is 8.0, and there are no higher grade copies known to exist!

to quote Yoda: "There is another.."

another thing I notice is that he says, as a CGC book, it is non-returnable. Now, as a guy who'd\s been around all these years, isnt that a bit too much lik eth elittle guys approach? you bought, you keep it? Why would a 30K book ever be non-returnable??

I probably should have qualified my comment that there are other possibilities for his "knowledge"! But that would have been too pessimistic.

As far as the return policy, or lack thereof, there are quite a number of large dealers who continue to take that approach. I disagree with it 100%, but it is certainly not uncommon (sadly).