• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Master of Kung Fu vs. Iron Fist

26 posts in this topic

What about Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter or Karate Kid?

Even though Iron Fist is one of my absolute favorite characters from when I was a kid, as an adult, I really like Gulacy's artwork and think overall the stories are a little better too.

However, in a fight, Iron Fist would kick Shang-Chi's butt.

my lcs has the MOKF magazines with Bruce lee on the cover in F/VF condition for sale at guide prices....kinda expensive for mags. Are they worth anything or have a following?

They suk :gossip:

As a reader, there is no contest between the early IF and MOKF.

All time winner: MOKF HANDS DOWN! (worship)

Today, Brubaker rocks on IIF :headbang: and MOKF has not been a "mover and shaker" for some time.

This years winner: IIF HANDS DOWN! (thumbs u

Today, Brubaker rocks on IIF :headbang: and MOKF has not been a "mover and shaker" for some time.

It must be hard to stand on all the bases at the same time. rantrant

MOKF = Winner!

Pure skill and no magic hand to beat his enemies.

Closest to my feeling also.

Iron Fist had good to great art on Marvel Premeire and his own title. But the storylines were the usual 70s superhero hyper-crapola. I don't even want to go into the Power Man/Iron Fist days :insane: .

MOKF had nice Gulacy/Day/Zeck art that wasn't very flashy but very good. The storylines were deeper than IF's...but you'd probably have to admit after about 100 issues(maybe even less) that you could only follow Shang vs Fu so far without getting bored. The characters did tend to take themselves veryyyyyy seriously.

The new modern, Immortal Iron Fist is combining the best of both with a serious story, character, and art. While poor ol' Shang is stuck in the new Heroes for Hire....However, he did recently get some different nookie other than the Wu chick he forever pined about.

so my winners....

Collectability - Iron Fist - Byrne still rules!!

Worth a long read - MOFU - Moench rules!!

Modern - Immortal Iron Fist

I gotta go with Shang Chi.

Had a subscription to MOKF when I was a kid...didn't get into Iron Fist till close to the end of that run.

I remember at my VERY first comic convention, Rochester NY...small...probably 1985...I met Mark Bright who was the artist at the time.

He did a killer little head sketch for me. Wish I knew where it was.

He and two others were signing...the other person I met was June Brigman, who was hot on Power Pack at the time.

Another great little book, and she was such a perfect artist for that title.

MOKF is one of my all time favorite titles with the Gulacy MOKF 64 covers being one of the best covers I can think of. Just fantastic. Thought the Doug Moench stories were also fascinating and is one of the best bronze age books that you can buy on the cheap. Huge fan of that series.

I've always liked Iron Fist... but his costume always seemed lame to me and I just could never get that into him. The short lived 70s series was cool though. Brubaker's recent take on him has been fantastic.

Liked both back in the day, but preferred Iron fist. They did have a fight once in one of The Deadly Hands of Kung-fu. Not really much of a fight in my opinion the punch of the Iron Fist has staggered the likes of The Thing before now, poor MOKF has no chance!

why isn't this a poll?

hm

well i really wanted to hear people’s thoughts. i have a complete run of MOKF that i picked up 2 VCC’s ago, but haven’t read any IF. just wondering what the consciences is.