• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Informative/Positive Contributor Award

102 posts in this topic

Here are my pics/categories.

Funniest: Bug

Funniest duo: Bug and greggy. (I am thinking greggy's the straight guy in this duo, but I can't be sure) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Inciteful: Joe_Collector ( He does get people talking, and that's a good 'ting)) grin.gif

And because Beyonder asked:

Most Useless Posts that Get Interesting Later On: Beyonder thumbsup2.gif

Inciteful: Joe_Collector ( He does get people talking, and that's a good 'ting)) grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Is "inciteful" a misspelling of the word "insightful"? If so, that's an incredibly ironic one!!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'd definitely agree with your pick for most "incite"-ful with the qualification that we're considering current members and that Hammer's out of the running. grin.gif

My picks for most informative and positive are already out there...Povertyrow for the restoration posts and Joanna for the "crisis" thread. smile.gif

Truthfully I am shocked my name has come up a few times, and also appreciative. But how to judge "most informative" or "most positive"?

I really think we should have an annual CGC Academy Awards with various topics broken out. So many areas of knowledge. So many examples of patience and humor and information and advice. To break it down into just two? Bestof7 - am not slamming you at all - the core idea is wonderful! But I think we should expand on it and really come up with our own Oscars - maybe we could call them Herbies?!!! grin.gif

Honestly its because I can't spell worth ..... And I'm too lazy......

Believe it or not I have full runs of pre-unity issues, plus many triples.

X-O was my favorite. I haven't read them in years. Harbinger was the only series I don't have doubles and triples of. I wish I sold out when they were hot. frown.gif

Most informative: comic-keys (don't forget he taught us how to crack a loosely sealed slab and replace the contents without detection)

Most positive: hammer

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Thanks for the folks who put me up there...there are so many more deserving worthy of mention before I; remember that I prefer to be a voyeur tongue.gif

There are so many areas of expertise in here that one can be very informative in.

comicwiz, Shield and others - technical info about computer related issues

povertyrow - insights into restoration

Fantastic_four - most passionate about the science of grading and qualifying the standards, second only to stckwizard

comicwiz - underground books

valiantman - Valiants and now CGC data manipulation

greggy - DC and romance books

Joanna - Wonder Woman info and unparalleled writing style

speedjunkies - ebay shilling and funny business detection expert

delekkerste and joecollector - masters of the opposing views and proponents of the CGC crash, whose outlooks on the hobby give many of us many helpful insights to ponder

lighthouse - for his excellent B&M, as well as S&M perspective as well

gman - master of the deal...

and I could go on...in the same token - everyone here has something POSITIVE to say most of the time and contributions always come from lenghty discussons. That's what I love about reading the threads here. grin.gif

maybe we could call them Herbies?!!! grin.gif

Uh, no pov. That would be my name in the real world when I'm not posting/reading the forum, and I wouldn't feel right about it. frown.gif

But I appreciate the gesture. grin.gif

How bout the "Fickled Forum Gemini Oscar Bronzed Popcorn" award? I doubt anyone here has that name.

Uh, no pov. That would be my name in the real world when I'm not posting/reading the forum, and I wouldn't feel right about it. frown.gif

How bout the "Fickled Forum Gemini Oscar Bronzed Popcorn" award? I doubt anyone here has that name.

Uh oh! Don't bop me with that 27_laughing.giflipop! grin.gif

Uh oh! Don't bop me with that 27_laughing.giflipop! grin.gif

Okay, this 27_laughing.gif thing is getting out of hand. When a 27_laughing.gifita like Pov can't even just 27_laughing.gifl around and 27_laughing.gifligaggingly ... ah, hell, I don't know. 893frustrated.gif