• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where did your avatar come from?

533 posts in this topic

Marvin the Martian. Those Duck Dodgers cartoons crack me up.

Your avatar is blocking my view of Venus. :sumo:

Yes, but yours should have a stellar view of Uranus. :)

All day long to come up with that one.

You should be ashamed. (tsk)

I was busy. (shrug)

I like my new avatar. I still like Iron Man, but I prefer this one much more. Any guesses on what my new collecting passion is besides Flaming Carrot? hm

Is that Cerebus?

I like my new avatar. I still like Iron Man, but I prefer this one much more. Any guesses on what my new collecting passion is besides Flaming Carrot? hm

Is that Cerebus?

No, it's that other independent aardvark super hero. meh

Is that Cerebus?

I remember them. Came out in '85 right after the Turtles: Autoerotic Apoplectic Asymetrical Aardvarks. Sweet book.

Mine is the X-ray of Homer's brain that reveals a crayon has been lodged in it, apparently since childhood. The episode is a parody of Flowers for Algernon (the movie version is "Charly"). Once the crayon is removed, Homer of course becomes brilliant, yet ultimately depressed. The solution, of course, is to reinsert the crayon and return to blissful ignorance.

The episode has one the funniest scenes ever, IMO. They are wondering how deep they need to lodge the crayon in order to get Homer back to exactly his old (dim-witted) self, and they decide they'll force it in progressively and monitor Homer. They get to a certain point and Homer starts chanting "DEFENSE, DEFENSE", and they decide they are not quite there. They shove it in a little more and he blurts out "Extended Warranty? Where do I sign!" and they decide they have reverted him to a sufficient level of stupidy.

Is that Cerebus?

(shrug) If it isn't a Marvel or DC character, I'm probably not familiar with them. (well, except for those Turtles)

Is that Cerebus?

You mean this one? :grin:

alfdoesaseal.jpg