• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where did your avatar come from?

533 posts in this topic

I live on the street named after him....and get made fun of for it on almost a daily basis. lol

I think that's sooo cool. (thumbs u

After who?

I live on the street named after him....and get made fun of for it on almost a daily basis. lol

The street is Chet Atkins Place, not Buckethead Way. Should have cleared that up. :P

:tonofbricks:

The street is Chet Atkins Place, not Buckethead Way. Should have cleared that up. :P

Buckethead Way would be cooler. I hate country music. Good thing Nashville isn't big on it.

Buckethead Way would be cooler. I hate country music. Good thing Nashville isn't big on it.

lol

Hey, we have both kinds of music here...country, AND western :P

Mine is from a sketch by Kelly Freas called "Poker Face" that I picked up.

KellyFreasPokerFace.jpg

Freas was a legendary sci-fi artist who is probably more famous of his album cover recreation for Queen's News of the World.

queen.jpg2fa22a025edd3db895aa03e71fbd8f42.jpg

It's a pic of NHL player Darryl Sydor. I'm not a fan of his, just amused by the image b/c I cannot think of another player in the history of the game that has gotten the krap kicked out of him more than this poor guy. Although he's been in some willing fights during his career, he's not a figher per say, he's just had the crazy misfortune of being on the ice at the wrong time, several times. I cannot count the number of times there's been a huge fracas and this poor guy always ends up paired off with some legitimate heavyweight fighter and he's just covering up and getting the tar beaten out of him. He's like the Charlie Brown of the NHL. Poor schlub.

It's a pic of NHL player Darryl Sydor. I'm not a fan of his, just amused by the image b/c I cannot think of another player in the history of the game that has gotten the krap kicked out of him more than this poor guy. Although he's been in some willing fights during his career, he's not a figher per say, he's just had the crazy misfortune of being on the ice at the wrong time, several times. I cannot count the number of times there's been a huge fracas and this poor guy always ends up paired off with some legitimate heavyweight fighter and he's just covering up and getting the tar beaten out of him. He's like the Charlie Brown of the NHL. Poor schlub.

There was a guy on the BlackHawks many years ago. I think his name was Eddy Olcheck. Dont quote me but I think that was his name. He had a bad habit of starting fights and letting the other team use his face as a punching bag. He just may give this guy a run for his money for times beat up! The guy just didnt learn.

DRX

There was a guy on the BlackHawks many years ago. I think his name was Eddy Olcheck. Dont quote me but I think that was his name. He had a bad habit of starting fights and letting the other team use his face as a punching bag. He just may give this guy a run for his money for times beat up! The guy just didnt learn.

DRX

Yeah, Eddie Olczyk. I believe he calls the games for the Blackhawks these days. He didn't exactly have a great coaching career either. Pretty much got the krap kicked out of him on that front as well. :grin: