• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steel City Con, aka Pittsburgh Toy, Comic, Collectibles Show - Dec. 1-2, 2007

16 posts in this topic

Figured I'd post this for yinz (copied from Steel City Con website):

DECEMBER 1-2, 2007 STEEL CITY CON CELEBRITY GUESTS ANNOUNCED:

The Steel City Con is pleased to announce that we have signed many incredible Celebrity Guests and Comic Artists for the upcoming December convention. Don't miss this chance to meet and get an autograph from the following: RICHARD LEPARMENTIER (“Admiral Motti” from STAR WARS), CORIN NEMEC (“Johnas Quin” from Stargate SG – 1 sponsored by TimeandSpaceToys.com), MARK GODDARD (“Major Don West” from Classic TV’s Lost in Space); BOB MAY (“B-9 Robot” from Classic TV’s Lost in Space); CATHY ST. GEORGE ( Actress for Brewster's Millions and Star 80); Also featuring Comic Book Artists BILLY TAN (Comic works includes Witchblade, Tomb Raider, Spider-Man and of course ... X-MEN ! ); MARK SPARACIO ( Comic works include SHI and Green Lantern ), JAY FIFE (Incredible fantasy and pin-up artist! ). More Guests to be announced as we get closer to the event. Please keep checking back for more announcements..

DECEMBER SHOW GIVE-AWAY ANNOUNCED!

As many of you know, the Steel City Con is the only convention in the United States that consistently gives away a collectible item to the first 1,000 attendees during our Early Buyer Event on Saturday morning beginning at 8am sharp. We are very pleased to announce the give-away for the December Show will be a unique FUTURAMA collectible ! This incredible event is sponsored by M & J VARIETY. (www.mjvar.com )

As in the past we encourage you to get to the Expomart early on Saturday morning to make sure that you receive this special collectible. (see pictures of give-away examples on Home page or click on the button that says "Give-Aways). Don't forget that the Early Buyer also gets 2 full hours to shop BEFORE we allow the general admission attendees to enter! SELECTION of product is at it's best first thing on Saturday morning!

If you want to have a flyer or item you would like placed in the 1,000 give-away bags please go to our Sponsorship page for all the details. Our Early Buyer Event Give-Away bag is only one of many ways you can reach our attendees.

Row H-11 and 12. I'm still at work right now (4:55am) but I'll be there at about 2:00pm to take over things.

Look for me.

Paul (Thanos)

Am sorry I missed you, hope you had a good show.

I did meet Charles and Jeff from Hotflips. They're certainly very pleasant fellows. (Sharon, Jeff did say hi to me.)

Nice meeting you to Szelim. hope you enjoyed the show. so far saturday was extremely slow for us. i hope, but doubt the show will pick up tomorrow. the weather is not supposed to be good. i was actually walking around the sportscard show next door most of the morning. tomorrow they are expecting bad weather. it is already icing outside. i was supposed to meet my friend at a bar downtown but after seeing the road turn to a sheet of ice, i decided to just stay put in my hotel room. i just hope the weather gets better so we can be able to drive back to new york tomorrow.

Well i am finally back from the Steel-City Con. Hit some snow on the way back but all in all wasnt a bad ride back. Glad we left today and not last night as i heard the roads were terrible. Here is my report in a nutshell.

Met Szelim and Thanos. Very nice meeting and chatting with you guys.

The show was kinda slow for the most part. There was actually a sportscard show next door and there were some supply dealers there as well. They wound up buying all my sportscard supplies from me because they couldnt believe the great prices I had on them. So that was a bonus. Friday night hung out at the bar for a little and went to bed. Had to be at the show at 8 am for the early birds and i was tired anyway.

Saturday night my brother and I went to dinner with Mark Sparacio, Billy Tan, and Mark from Heroes in Action. Had a great time and great conversation. Probably the highlight of the weekend. After dinner, everyone went to their rooms and I decided to head to the bar (honestly i dont drink that much, i just get bored easily). There was a fight there. Some guy get staring at me and before I could say anything his mother came to pick him up and he started crying to her that everyone hated him (the guy was in his 30's and drunk as a skunk). He said he didnt even know he had gotten into a fight. I laughed and then went to my room.

Sunday was slow as well. I dont think the media guests were that much of a draw at this show but the next one looks decent. My friend from Queens (who got married and moved to Pitt) came down Sunday night to the hotel and we caught up on stuff. The promoter of the show is a nice guy and i think he is still trying to learn the ins and outs of promoting. He learns from his mistakes so the next show is better. I am looking forward to the one in March.

Well that is my report. Hope you enjoyed it,

Jeff

It was nice meeting the guys from Hotflip (Charles and Jeff). Glad you made it home safe.

I think the rain and wind Sunday had alot to do with the poor showing.

Well I did get to chat with Todd from NDC and it was indeed him that came on the boards and responded to questions about the Detective 27. I asked if the publicity had shaken any books loose from the woodwork. Todd said nothing he wouldn't normally see come in to the shop anyway. But he had 10 people bring in Dec 27’s of course all were reprints. lol