• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's WAY too early to be talking about Comic-Con '08, but I don't give a damn!

165 posts in this topic

I will be going too.

Kinda excited, my first SD con!

Got the 4-day pass, rented a house 10 minutes away from the show, should have enough miles to have 2 free tickets!

Should be a blast!

Nearmint,

Where did you get a hotel room? I made a reservation at the Hard Rock Hotel but will definitely be lookin' for something cheaper than $475 a night. Don't discounted rates become available in February through ComicCon's website?

I'll be there for the 7th year in a row. Probably bothering nearmint! :)

Wondercon and Supercon will have to hold me until then.

Nearmint,

Where did you get a hotel room? I made a reservation at the Hard Rock Hotel but will definitely be lookin' for something cheaper than $475 a night. Don't discounted rates become available in February through ComicCon's website?

The Best Western Bayside is exactly one mile from the convention center, and a very pleasant walk through downtown. I have a ritual of stopping on the way at the Jamba Juice in Horton Plaza for an aloha pineapple smoothie and an apple cinnamon pretzel. For those who'd rather ride than walk, a convention shuttle bus will pick you up right outside the hotel.

The price right now is probably only $10 more per night than what it will be at the discount rate. My AAA membership brought it back down to about the same level(I think I'm paying $145 a night). Free wireless internet in every room, and the hotel is right around the corner from Little Italy, and some terrific cafes. It's also just a block or two from the harbor.

rented a house 10 minutes away from the show,

This is a really smart way to go. You can spend as much or less than a hotel room, and get so much more. I talked to someone at last year's con that did this, and they loved it. (thumbs u

rented a house 10 minutes away from the show,

This is a really smart way to go. You can spend as much or less than a hotel room, and get so much more. I talked to someone at last year's con that did this, and they loved it. (thumbs u

It was definitely much cheaper than getting a hotel room considering my wife and two kids will be coming too. My cousin will be back from Afghanistan that April/May and he and his wife and son will be coming also.

Considering comfort, the number of folks, we were LUCKY to have found this house and for only 1800, or 900 per family, for the week :grin:

Nearmint,

Thats one of the reasons I dont see myself ever going over there. 475 a night is ridiculous :screwy: . Sheesh Times Square is probably cheaper. I shared a room with two board members in Chicago and payed 125 for my stay there. With purchases, hotel, food, and plane ticket I probably spent about 550 all together.

Nearmint,

The Best Western Bayside is exactly one mile from the convention center, and a very pleasant walk through downtown. I have a ritual of stopping on the way at the Jamba Juice in Horton Plaza for an aloha pineapple smoothie and an apple cinnamon pretzel. For those who'd rather ride than walk, a convention shuttle bus will pick you up right outside the hotel.

The price right now is probably only $10 more per night than what it will be at the discount rate. My AAA membership brought it back down to about the same level(I think I'm paying $145 a night). Free wireless internet in every room, and the hotel is right around the corner from Little Italy, and some terrific cafes. It's also just a block or two from the harbor.

I tried booking a room at this hotel online but rooms were not available. I'm guessing they have a block of rooms reserved for the discount rate and all other rooms are booked. I made reservations at the Courtyard Marriott Gaslamp for $359 a night, so I at least have a cheaper option than the Hard Rock. I will keep shoppin' til February.

Nearmint,

Good luck getting rooms through ComicCon's website. This past year everything was essentially sold out within minutes of that site going live. You need to start searching for rooms now if you want to get something below completely outrageous.