• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's WAY too early to be talking about Comic-Con '08, but I don't give a damn!

165 posts in this topic

Nearmint,

Where did you get a hotel room? I made a reservation at the Hard Rock Hotel but will definitely be lookin' for something cheaper than $475 a night. Don't discounted rates become available in February through ComicCon's website?

Thats one of the reasons I dont see myself ever going over there. 475 a night is ridiculous :screwy: . Sheesh Times Square is probably cheaper. I shared a room with two board members in Chicago and payed 125 for my stay there. With purchases, hotel, food, and plane ticket I probably spent about 550 all together.

Man, $475 per night! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh! :frustrated: I am going to Comiccon this time around, and $475 just won't do. I want to find a place that runs $50-200 per night so that it can be split at least 2 ways.

Nearmint,

Where did you get a hotel room? I made a reservation at the Hard Rock Hotel but will definitely be lookin' for something cheaper than $475 a night. Don't discounted rates become available in February through ComicCon's website?

Thats one of the reasons I dont see myself ever going over there. 475 a night is ridiculous :screwy: . Sheesh Times Square is probably cheaper. I shared a room with two board members in Chicago and payed 125 for my stay there. With purchases, hotel, food, and plane ticket I probably spent about 550 all together.

Man, $475 per night! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh! :frustrated: I am going to Comiccon this time around, and $475 just won't do. I want to find a place that runs $50-200 per night so that it can be split at least 2 ways.

I think I'm just going to find a nice hotel 30-45 minutes away and commute in.

I'd much rather save myself that extra $300 a night. :insane:

I went to the LA auto show today, and I've gotta say that it made me appreciate how well the SD Con is run. As soon as we entered the parking structure($12 parking) there were problems. No one directing us where to go, and some aisles leading to a dead-end where car after car had to back out. Signage was terrible in the convention lobby, the food was crappy, and I found myself getting annoyed and tired very soon after arriving.

SD does it right. As crowded as it gets, it's always very apparent where to go, and if not, there's always someone nearby that you can ask. (thumbs u

Just a reminder that you can begin reserving hotel rooms online or by phone starting this Wednesday, February 6th at 9am pacific time.

Good luck all!

I'm sticking with the Best Western. In the past, I haven't had much luck with any of the closer ones so I'm not going to bother. You're stuck with me in the same hotel. :baiting:

Just a reminder that you can begin reserving hotel rooms online or by phone starting this Wednesday, February 6th at 9am pacific time.

Good luck all!

I'm sticking with the Best Western. In the past, I haven't had much luck with any of the closer ones so I'm not going to bother. You're stuck with me in the same hotel. :baiting:

doh! Better hope you're not in the next room. I snore like a grizzly.

I think it's funny that the Comic-Con website lists the Best Western as "not walking distance" from the convention center. It's less than a mile!

Good luck all!

doh! Better hope you're not in the next room. I snore like a grizzly.

I think it's funny that the Comic-Con website lists the Best Western as "not walking distance" from the convention center. It's less than a mile!

Yup, way closer that the Holiday Inn at the Bay.

I can sleep through most noises so bring it on

Can't get through

Rant to follow. Been going to SDCC since 1978. They need to make some changes or someone needs to throw an alternate con for comics only on the same days.

Yeah, I've been trying for 50 minutes straight, and STILL tryin'. I have a crappy Motel 6 already booked just in case, but I had to do that last year and it was really no fun. The fact that it was next door to a strip joint didn't even help.

Can't get through

Rant to follow. Been going to SDCC since 1978. They need to make some changes or someone needs to throw an alternate con for comics only on the same days.

Yeah, I've been trying for 50 minutes straight, and STILL tryin'. I have a crappy Motel 6 already booked just in case, but I had to do that last year and it was really no fun. The fact that it was next door to a strip joint didn't even help.

Me too! :pullhair:

Can't get through

Is that a bad thing? :angel:

Can't get through

Is that a bad thing? :angel:

Well, it was a very small consolation. All my buddy and I could get was a small room with one bed, so I was on a cot for four nights. The chicks in the strip joint were too agressive anyway, run down part of town by the airport. Ya' can't sit and relax in a place like that. Nothing against stray girls coming by and sitting on my lap, but when they are just trying to sweet talk money out of ya', it gets annoying.

Staying in a nice hotel by the con is part of what makes it a fun experience as a whole. The Motel 6 really ruined it. Sure, it is a place to sleep, but when you are not in a nice comfortable place after a long day at the con, you are really not getting the full SD experience.