• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a confession to make...

72 posts in this topic

It was when I lived at home. I only had the one room. Why don't you make a confession and then we will all judge you.
I charged a Southerner too much for a common X-men book.

It was when I lived at home. I only had the one room. Why don't you make a confession and then we will all judge you.

That does it. It will be the last book I buy from you. Enjoy it, twerp.

That does it. It will be the last book I buy from you. Enjoy it, twerp.

I enjoyed it long time ago.

In the 3rd grade I ate a fudgsicle that belonged to my brother. :sorry:

Yesterday I started a thread asking people's opinion about

flame wars and one or two broke out. :sorry:

Flame enabler. :makepoint:

:shy:

(shrug) I made ArAich's day and it seemed like a few people

enjoyed that train wreck and I no longer like Monkeys. Filthy

animals. :o

Aaaaaaaaanyway...

I'm doing the same thing. No bags or boards, long boxes, numerical order. My reasoning is thus:

1. I can only afford lower-grade copies anyway. Some of them go up to VF-NM but who cares.

2. I don't collect Golden Age, only younger stuff.

3. They're my personal reading collection; I don't ever intend to sell them. I'm working on a Spider-Man and a Daredevil run and buying other things that interest me.

The point is, I'm loving it!!! I've wanted a nice comic collection since childhood, and now for the first time I can kinda-sorta build one. Old issues I've always lusted after, I'm slowly picking up one by one.

I do have a small box of CGC'd books for resale at some point, but those are tucked away and completely separate.

I have been buying comics for months now...throwing out the bags & boards, & storing them naked in half boxes. 40-s through the 80's. FR - NM. And I have been LOVING it! There is something fun about throwing caution to the wind & having boxes of solid newsprint with no protection... :cloud9:

I just looked at a collection last Saturday. 5,000 books FF 2 up, Spidey 2-up, AF 15, all the other keys and semi-keys. Condition was Fair/VG. All in old bags with no boards. The tape holding down the flaps was old and sticky and all the books were a mess sticking to each other.

If these had not been in bags they would have been basically in the same condition, but I would have been able to go through them easily and make the seller an offer. The amount of work just to pull apart each comic from the one above and below it in a pile was going to take hours and hours. Then prying open the flap without damaging the comic any further...more time and effort.

After 2 hours I quit and told the seller that he needed to tell me what he wanted for the collection, and that I would say yes or no. I said I wanted it cheap, that the time and effort wasn't worth it because the condition was so poor. I told him to take his time and call me when he was prepared.

Bags suck! Going commando is the best way!

:headbang:

J/K but you get my drift.

135 gallons. :tonofbricks:

My wife and I just bought a 125 gallon tank yesterday. Should arrive next week. :banana:

I have this to confess:

The day you set up your tank and the day you take down your tank will be the two days you are most satisfied.

Regardless of the above statement, you will enjoy picking out and watching your fish.