• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No one may care but..........

22 posts in this topic

No big story behind it for me really. I happen to stumble upon part of the story online somewhere and found out there was a trade with all five issues in it. My LCS shop didn't have the trade since it was several years old but said they would look. I searched around online and finally found it on Ebay. When I got it the inside showed it had actually been in a school library. I read it and loved it, my kid read it and loved it. So I decided I wanted to get a first print of number 1 graded 9.8 or higher (I keep holding out hope to one day get something graded higher than 9.8!).

I can't find any locally so I have been buying them online through EBay. The only problem, as I am sure many people can agree with, is that alot of people on Ebay like to throw around the words near mint or mint and don't really know how to grade or just want to make money. And don't get me started on the poor packaging some people use for a "collectible" item! So, now I have my 9.8 and 4 more ungraded copies at home that I would put at varying between VF to NM-.

And now that I have accomplished finally getting this one I am feeling a small itch at the base of my neck to put together the whole series graded 9.8, but that is just crazy talk, I tell you, crazy talk!!!!!!!!!!

It took me some time and some searching, but I finally got one good enough to send in and CGC emailed me my image of the book now on its way to me. No one may care but I was stoked when I got the news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

149325-001cc.jpg

Care to tell those of us (and there are many) that can't see photobucket images at work what you're talking about?

Maren --

I agree and think it's a great mini-series. Now, you have to search and get copies of all of the other covers, including the second prints. I think my favorite is the second print of #2, which includes herobear drawn by Kunkel's child.

I thought about putting the run together in 9.8, but ended up deciding against it and sold my 9.8 #1 a while ago.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that, I thought the image was just imbedded and viewable by all. Lesson learned for future posts! The image is of Herobear #1, first print, CGC graded 9.8!!!

That's great! I'm going to have to make it a point to view the image when I get home. I love Herobear. I met Mike here in Santa Fe in '03 and got to hang out a bit. He was nice enough to do this sketch for me.

herobear-Mike-Kunkel.jpg

It took me some time and some searching, but I finally got one good enough to send in and CGC emailed me my image of the book now on its way to me. No one may care but I was stoked when I got the news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

149325-001cc.jpg

I like the cover, reminds me of Watterson. I'll have to check it out.