• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Comic Show

38 posts in this topic

i didn't know they had parking in the lincoln tunnel.... where abouts?

Anywhere you want Jimbo, just go about half way through and pull over. Parking spots are not marked, so you get to choose.

Just don't expect to come back later and find your tires, interior and other car body parts still there :)

Actually,if you go down 37th street,there is a parking lot on top on the Lincoln Tunnel. Its one of the cheapest spots in the area,provided there is no event at the Javits Center. Then on the walk back to the show,you can stop at Grays Papaya and enjoy the nector of the gods for only $1.95

www.grayspapaya.com

Then after, eating at Gray's Papaya, you can make a visit to St Vincents, another NY hotspot...;)

You can actually park in the village and take a bus or subway up, there is plenty of parking off West St, as long as you go lower than 14th st....but it's a shlep...Parking near Penn Station CAN run $35 to $40 for the day...$20 if you walk a bunch

Well... medstudentnerd wasn't able to get the weekend off leaving me solo. SO not really feeling flying solo, I think I'm going to take a pass on this one. Maybe there will be one we can hit later on in the year. Ah well...

Only connection I have is to the internet- and even that's questionable at times. :tonofbricks:

Any word on how the show's going? I've been doing research and working on my thesis, so some comic book fun would be a welcome distraction. :wishluck:

I parked one block south of the convention for 15 dollars (including tax) today. Flat rate for up to 10 hours.

Show was fun, in terms of meeting up with folks. Seemed busy enough this year. Dealers seemed like they were doing OK.

I parked one block south of the convention for 15 dollars (including tax) today. Flat rate for up to 10 hours.

Show was fun, in terms of meeting up with folks. Seemed busy enough this year. Dealers seemed like they were doing OK.

Glad you have a great time:) , I MIGHT go tomorrow, can you give me more details on that parking lot, PLEASE:) ? :wishluck:

Sunday parking should be much easier. I believe its free outside of the immediate area. Most meters are Monday-Saturday

Thanks:) I know you used to be able to park on Sundays over by the Main PO on 8th...but I wasn't sure if they changed that after 9/11...I guess I'll find out in about an hour! :banana:

I got the 3 day advance ticket pass for $40. I collect art and network with others at the show. Friday is a good day to attend if you want to meet and talk to artists. The guest list is decent. Saturday was jammed pack. The layout of the space is terrible. It's hard to walk through the aisle. I didn't stay long. Sunday was crowded but not as bad as Saturday. Exhibitors pack up early on Sunday.

Although I attended all 3 days, I may just buy a 1 day ticket for Friday in the future. I won't have to wear the ugly plastic neon green wrist band for 3 days either. I was able to walk through the express entrance. Those who bought same day tickets probably only had to wait 10 minutes to get in so not a big wait.

IMHO, for $40, the NY Comic Con show is a better deal. There is more space at the Jacob Javitz convention center, tons of guests, and the show is dedicated 100% to comics and related merchandise. The drawback is the lines are blocks long to get in even with an advance ticket badge.

Cheers!

N