• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Bundle or not: that is the question.

16 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've been pondering selling off my CGC FFs for a while now, and have wondered if bundling the collection and hoping for a big time spender to come along would be more profitable (and less time-consuming) than breaking up the run and selling individually.

Or would a large group of ebay auctions generate enough interest to make the bidding interesting?

Thoughts?

I can't imagine too many scenarios where selling individually wouldn't yield a higher total than selling as a lot.

What issues are you selling? And...why are you selling them? I've seen you bidding on a lot of FFs in recent weeks.

What issues are you selling? And...why are you selling them? I've seen you bidding on a lot of FFs in recent weeks.

Actually, my buying has dropped off considerably since early summer. I've been dismayed by the ever-increasing prices on certified FFs; there is just no way I will ever complete a high grade CGC run, or even come close, with prices escalating the way they are.

For instance, I was pondering upgrading my CGC 9.2 # 28 with the 9.4 on Comiclink, but for the same money, I would up buying a run of VG to VG/F copies of # 1-6. I can still get great deals on raw books, but forget finding a bargain with slabbed copies.

I recently sold a bundle of FF's and thought I did quite well. I may have made less money than selling them off individually, but I spent considerable less time and money letting them go in one lot. Because I only listed one lot, I did feature it which certainly got more looks than listing individually.

Maybe first list them as one lot, feature it(?), and choose an acceptable reserve price. If it doesn't sell, then list them individually. My only hesitation in doing that initially is that you will have some books sell very quickly and some will be slower sellers.

Just a thought.

then list them individually. My only hesitation in doing that initially is that you will have some books sell very quickly and some will be slower sellers.

I'm not too worried about that, all are CGC 9.0 or higher, and the latest issue in the bunch is # 157. Moving high end CGC FFs from the Silver and Bronze age doesn't seem to be a problem on ebay nowadays.

But I agree with your first suggestion. I may just offer the lot up with a pretty hefty opeing bid, and if someone wants to bid, then that's fine. It will only cost me a couple of bucks to list it on ebay. I'm sure I'll get tons of emails to split the run even if it doesn't, which would prime the sales of individual books.

I may just offer the lot up with a pretty hefty opeing bid, and if someone wants to bid, then that's fine. It will only cost me a couple of bucks to list it on ebay. I'm sure I'll get tons of emails to split the run even if it doesn't, which would prime the sales of individual books

Hmmm...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where the older books (13 and back) in VGFish? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

You might do better selling individually 30 and back (ann 1 and 2 also).

Groups:

31-47

51-100

Ann 3 -whatever

I'm assuming most raw Fine to VFs.

If you had CGC 9.2s and up sell them one by one for sure. thumbsup2.gif

edit:

Dooh- I was typing before I saw your post about most being 9.0 or up.

Sell 9.0 and up one by one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually what I'd do is first "sell" them as a bundle. But put a large reserve on it. Then after getting a lot of page views, and if/when the reserve isn't met. Relist them individually. I'd think that'd be a pretty good method for maximizing interest/views of the books.

Brian