• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting comics and real life...

28 posts in this topic

another plan is to buy low-grade stuff you want to read and have and then never worry about selling it

That's one idea, but I think it really comes down to why you buy comic books. Just for the books, or do financial motives come into play?

Stuff I get for me to keep is because I like it.

Stuff I get to resell in my store, well, its financial.

Stuff I buy here, I buy to keep generally as my clientele generally doesn't look for older books.

thanks everyone for the congrats... :foryou:

right now we're preparing to move to a bigger appartment. thank God my comics are well organized-protected on long boxes. i'll be picking them up personally and drive them to the new place (it's only 4km away...).

it's going to be nice to have a little more place to open and enjoy those treasury trucs (long boxes)...at least until the new prince-princess drops by.

regards

ps- a side question for the parents of the boards: did you wanted to knew right away if it was a boy or a girl, or did you waited for the "final surprise"?

We are having one and will find out whether it's a boy or a girl with a boys name by Christmas. No surprises here.

On your first question: I sell parts of my collection every time I start collecting something else. Not because I need to, but because I want to. My recent marketplace thread has been a long time coming. I just needed a push to get off my azz and start scanning.

Plus, the books I buy now are just more expensive...sometimes you gotta sell to buy.

thanks everyone for the congrats... :foryou:

right now we're preparing to move to a bigger appartment. thank God my comics are well organized-protected on long boxes. i'll be picking them up personally and drive them to the new place (it's only 4km away...).

it's going to be nice to have a little more place to open and enjoy those treasury trucs (long boxes)...at least until the new prince-princess drops by.

regards

ps- a side question for the parents of the boards: did you wanted to knew right away if it was a boy or a girl, or did you waited for the "final surprise"?

Congrats on the pending bundle of joy!

While being surprised is nice, we asked to know the sex of both kids at the ultrasound. Trust me, it saves you a bundle in the end as your wife will either start buying the wrong baby clothes/accessories bit by bit when the nesting impulse kicks in at the end of the pregnancy (two friends had this happen), or worse, you buy everything to be gender neutral and they rebuy everything again to be gender specific when the baby arrives. Remember, you don't have to let anyone else know if you don't want to. It is kind of nice to have a little secret between just the two of you.

As far as the comics go - here is some advice from personal experience. Start selling off your common issues now and keep the keys. You will always be able to replace them and the common issues do not appreciate in price as fast as the keys. This will also help to relax with your pregnant wife as the extra funds will come in handy for buying baby supplies and this will clear up some extra space for her to store baby clothes/accessories or other things she will accumulate when the nesting impulses kick in.

Otherwise, enjoy the pregnancy! It is a blast for the father too, especially playing hot and cold with your wife when the baby brain kicks in as she is looking for things around the house. lol

Thanks again for the kind words guys...

Remember, you don't have to let anyone else know if you don't want to. It is kind of nice to have a little secret between just the two of you.

Not a bad idea if i might say...

In the end of the month we'll go for the first ecography, at 3 months pregancy i think it will be to soon to know it.

i've already started trimming my coll. to the stuff i really want to keep. Space storage and a little extra cash won't hurt anyone, that's true.

regards

Congrats on the upcoming arrival. :applause: When my daughter was born we waited till she was born to find out (I was happy to either wait or find out in advance but my wife liked the idea of a surprise). If we have another baby, we might find out in advance so we know what colour clothes to buy. :juggle: