• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover typo

44 posts in this topic

I just scanned this for ebay and was admiring the cover when I suddenly noticed something I'd never noticed before.

"If Moribus doesn't kill Spidey-- the Lizard will!"

Moribus? :grin:

asm102.jpg

No doubt I'm the last person to ever notice that and you've all known about it since the date of publication, but hey.

Any more typos on classic covers?

I just scanned this for ebay and was admiring the cover when I suddenly noticed something I'd never noticed before.

"If Moribus doesn't kill Spidey-- the Lizard will!"

Moribus? :grin:

asm102.jpg

No doubt I'm the last person to ever notice that and you've all known about it since the date of publication, but hey.

Any more typos on classic covers?

Good spot (thumbs u

Wish I could say I noticed this...but alas.

I was actually looking at an OA scan of this a few weeks ago, and still did'nt see it! doh!

Here's an interesting one.

Issue #10 was part 4 of 6 in the story arc:

Thanos10.jpg

...and issue #11 was part 5:

Thanos11.jpg

...so, #12 should be part 6, right? WRONG, it's part 4 (again!) lol

Thanos12.jpg

Don't they pay editors good money to look for this stuff? (shrug)

I've commented on this in various threads before...gotta be one of the most obvious BLUNDERS in all of comic publishing history (much more obvious than FF #3 cover whereby Human Torch is drawn by Jack Kirby with two left hands)...anyway, my comments before have been why I've never seen it mentioned in Overstreet or similar elsewhere like it was some kind of dirty secret no one was supposed to mention...

I've commented on this in various threads before...

No joke, and I just mentioned it the other day:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=2007912&Searchpage=1&Main=110124&Words=moribus&topic=0&Search=true#Post2007912

Are you people not paying attention? doh!

Geez, I love hat book & Morbius, and never noticed either...

They call Peter Parker "Peter Palmer" in the 2nd story in spidey #1

He, he..., Peter Palmer....,

What rock you been living under? :tonofbricks:

Must not be from the same rock you live under??? :shrug:

Moribus is bad, but I think the Elecktra error is more egregious. Brand spanking new character that's important in the life of Daredevil, Frank Miller in control, and the very first impression is a misspelled name. doh!