• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giving Thanks thread

23 posts in this topic

As Thanksgiving approaches, I would like to give thanks to the following comic book

creators for making my childhood a little more fun and my adulthood a lot more fun:

C.C Beck

Harry Lucey

Samm Schwartz

Dan DeCarlo

Frank Doyle

Neal Adams

Curt Swan

Murphy Anderson

Cary Bates

Jim Aparo

Denny O'Neil

Stan Lee

John Romita, Sr.

John Buscema

These guys are all giants to me, although some have received more fame and accolades than

others. I hope that those who have not received monetary compensation commensurate with

their accomplishments can at least take satisfaction in how many young lives they brightened.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Great thread idea! :thumbsup:

Happy pre-Thanksgiving! In case everyone is busy on Thanksgiving, I'll give my thanks now

Thanks to my 5 children who forever have my love and always seem to find Old Spice and ugly ties on sale for my Birthdays and Christmas. lovu_1_prv.gif

Thanks to my lovely wife who tolerates (somewhat) my Hobby, and the state of OCD that sometimes accompanies it. whistling2.gif

Thanks to everyone on the Boards who have helped me get caught up with the hobby: Brad (Redhook), Danny(MK), Master Chief, Jim (Awe4One), Nik, Nick (Flaming Telepath), Your insight and knowledge have been invaluable! 70347-bow.gif

Thanks to the turkey that I am going to marinate for 24 hours before I fry it up! mmm! mmm! MMM!

As Thanksgiving approaches, I would like to give thanks to the following comic book

creators for making my childhood a little more fun and my adulthood a lot more fun:

C.C Beck

Harry Lucey

Samm Schwartz

Dan DeCarlo

Frank Doyle

Neal Adams

Curt Swan

Murphy Anderson

Cary Bates

Jim Aparo

Denny O'Neil

Stan Lee

John Romita, Sr.

John Buscema

These guys are all giants to me, although some have received more fame and accolades than

others. I hope that those who have not received monetary compensation commensurate with

their accomplishments can at least take satisfaction in how many young lives they brightened.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Like Steve Ditko who is not on your list hm

I'm thankful for Carl Barks stories that I've enjoyed reading this year. :)

I'm thankful to Carl Barks...period. Along with Bob Montana and Harry Lucey plus all the rest. But most of all I'm thankful for my wonderful wife who puts up with all this. And even though she makes Shield feel like an eight year old( who didn't clean up his room) when he calls and she answers the phone, she's still the nicest person I know.

So much to be thankful in regards to my hobby. Maybe this is the easy way out, but I thank the hobby overall for giving me great memories from my youth. It goes for Marvel, DC, LCS's, comic conventions and this website.

I'd like the man who created the restaraunt Hooters. A place where I can eat meat, drink beer and stare at boobs. That man was a true genius!

He was indeed a visionary!

I give thanks for chicken wings to go with my blue cheese at Hooters.

And the hazing I went through the first week on the boards this year was pretty cool too. I'll never lurk again.

450 POSTS! YES!!!

Thanks to the person who sold me my personal grail, Amazing Fantasy 15 last March for $2000 and, when graded, it came out a blue label 5.0

:o

If I were you I'd thank Karma, specially cos' it looks you've had all your good Karma in one go...for a lifetime (comic-wise that is)

i don't believe in karma but i do believe in paying $2000 for a blue label 5.0 AF15! GOOD DEAL! (thumbs u