• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone go to WW Texas today?

61 posts in this topic

I was then ushered into the "VIP Check in line" where I stood for about 25 minutes before I was told by the rather chunky and obnoxious security representative that I had torelocate at the END of another VIP check in line.

Speaking as a volunteer (former...I obtained an exhibitor pass for the rest of the con :grin: ), that guy can be kind of a . I believe the multiple lines for VIPs was so you could all fit inside out of the cold while you waited, but ya, there were tons of VIPs and the system for getting each one the correct exclusive swag pack was poorly thought out.

As I made my way through the con I had the sense of being in an airport. Budding Comic artists were approaching me like Hare Krishnas or Jehovahs Witnesses, kind of annoying at first but Istarted giving the polite nod after I discovered ignoring them didn't work.

No kidding. I was being accosted left and right by people peddling lame-a$s stuff. Unfortunately, I'm too nice to tell someone that I'm not interested because I think they're ideas suck.

Graham cracker comics were there. Had some nice stuff, a little high. I haven't tested my negotiating prowess yet, but they will be tested before all is said and done. The guy from Louisiana DID have a stack of IM #1s AND IMSM #1 (CALLING CALAMERICA!!!!!)

Anyways, I basically got an IM #1 and two FFs for a VERY good price!

I would have felt like a thief for getting just the IM #1 for what you paid for all three books. If you can pull that off, your negotiating skills can't be too bad. That was a very nice looking IM #1.

No on-site grading? Shucks

The thought never crossed my mind. They could have been juggling flame dog sh*t and I wouldn't have noticed. I do know that their booth was all the way in the very back and CGC's booth was right up front.

I would have felt like a thief for getting just the IM #1 for what you paid for all three books. If you can pull that off, your negotiating skills can't be too bad. That was a very nice looking IM #1.

:grin:

BTW

LMK tomorrow about what we talked about if you are still interested - I have my sights set on something there

OH ! I almost forgot... I went by Lou Ferrigno's booth and asked him if I brought the back glass in from my Hulk pinball machine in on Sunday, would he sign it... First off... I know he's mostly deaf and has hearing aids which I'm not ragging as my grandparents on my mom's side were both deaf and I completely understand what it's like being around a LOT of deaf people, but he didn't understand what I was talking about when I mentioned the pinball machine.

When his associate explained it to him he said, "Oh yeah... I'll sign it, but it's going to cost you."

I said, "How much?"

He said, "$100"

I embarassingly exclaimed, "$100!?!?!" :o

And he said, "Yep"

and then his associate said, "Yes, $100, as it will greatly increase the value of the machine."

I stood there for a second starting at them with the Hulk blankly looking back at me and just said, "Ok thanks" and walked off... immediately after walking off I grumbled to my son about what an he was. :shy:

Oh well... (thumbs u

There was this tall guy and a short girl. They both had on white shirts with PGX graded books silkscreened, for lack of a better word, on the back of them. They also had PGX embroidered on the back of the collar.

I wonder if that was Dan Patterson and his GF Peggy Rutledge.

OH ! I almost forgot... I went by Lou Ferrigno's booth and asked him if I brought the back glass in from my Hulk pinball machine in on Sunday, would he sign it... First off... I know he's mostly deaf and has hearing aids which I'm not ragging as my grandparents on my mom's side were both deaf and I completely understand what it's like being around a LOT of deaf people, but he didn't understand what I was talking about when I mentioned the pinball machine.

When his associate explained it to him he said, "Oh yeah... I'll sign it, but it's going to cost you."

I said, "How much?"

He said, "$100"

And he said, "Yep"

and then his associate said, "Yes, $100, as it will greatly increase the value of the machine."

I stood there for a second starting at them with the Hulk blankly looking back at me and just said, "Ok thanks" and walked off... immediately after walking off I grumbled to my son about what an he was. :shy:

Oh well... (thumbs u

And so it goes... lol

There was this tall guy and a short girl. They both had on white shirts with PGX graded books silkscreened, for lack of a better word, on the back of them. They also had PGX embroidered on the back of the collar.

Wouldn't know. Got a pic?

(shrug) No idea but they were going through the whole riggamaroll of filling out submission forms. They also had a short bald dude running around to "witness" signatures, or at least that's what it looked like he was doing.

I did buy some of the Jay Company low print run exclusives of Grimm Fairy Tale books (actually I think I bought all of them) but to my dismay when I took them to Newt at the CGC booth I found out that CGC doesn't grade them because of overhang doh!:sorry:

I said, "How much?"

He said, "$100"

And he said, "Yep"

Oh well... (thumbs u

You should have beat him up.

There was this guy who had a Madagascar hissing beetle. That was cool.

It was cool...his comic didn't sound so cool though.

No, I was more interested in the beetle.

:signfunny:

I said, "How much?"

He said, "$100"

And he said, "Yep"

Oh well... (thumbs u

:o

Maybe that fee included CGC's Signature Service? (shrug)

I said, "How much?"

He said, "$100"

And he said, "Yep"

Oh well... (thumbs u

Huh. It only cost u $25 or $30 in Chicago. I got an autographed photo of him and a pic with him and Louise. Adam West was $100 or $150 in Toronto this Summer.

R.