• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this book a 6.0 in your opinion?

27 posts in this topic

It's the same copy as previously sold on Heritage in every other 6.0 listed. So a small price spike in 2003 over 2002, and then down hill for the 2005 sale.

By the sounds of it here, the price will be falling in 2007 for this book as well.

it was a FN in the old label, too, and was cracked out, resubbed and still garnered a FN grade from CGC. unless you can just reholder for the purpose of getting a new label, which i seem to remember is a possibility

I'd betcha' if that book was raw, and posted in the "hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" thread, no one on these Boards would give it a grade higher than 4.5.

The 6.0 was a gift for the owner of that book ( and my guess is, it will sell for around a VG ish price, since this is a clear case of the label not matching the book inside the holder )

Steve

The rest of the book must look pretty f'n sweet for CGC to give it a 6.0 - the corner chip isn't massive - I could see it pushing 5.0 - but 4.5 is more likely.

Chip?

Unless I am seeing things, the entire lower right hand corner of the book is gone. That is, unless that issue had transparent pages and only the corner of the cover is gone? (shrug)

You can see the back cover at Heritage. Looks like someone chewed the top corner as well... This book must be tasty.

I don't think it can compare to the Action #1, but yes to high in my opinion! The book even with defect looks as good as any 6.0's or better as it is clearly 8.0 or better sans rat chew or whatever. That being said, I think the grade should be 4.5 not less not more based upon looks and structure. If I were to buy that book, I would stop at VG price range.

Paul

I had an All Select #3 that was similar to this, but it had a "chunk" out of the whole book at tthe lower spine and it was given a 4.5 VG+ ow/w, so it's a little surprising this got a 6.0....

I just don't see it. With that missing corner on the lower right plus the pages, not higher than a 4.0 in my book and I may go lower. Am I being too strict?

Adventure 87