• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Pence question

8 posts in this topic

I finished my FF run and am now working on the variants including the pence copies. Does anyone know if all the silver issues had pence version? Thanks to Flaming Telepath I have a nice jump start to my collection. I noticed that issues that weren't pence had pence stamps instead. Was this due to supply shortages of certain issues being supplemented with U.S. copies or those particular issues just weren't produced with the pence price?

Any info on pence copies can prove helpful. I know the basics ex. first of the print run etc. But more detailed and interesting facts would be great.

Just checkd and all the ND's appear top be post Silver Age. The 1998 guide shows the following as being ND to the UK...

144-148

193-211

213-228

Now there may be more on top of that that were distributed but where the US version was shipped over and pence stamped by Thorpe and Porter rather than a modification being made during the print run for copies intended for shipping to the UK.