• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finding That Particular OA

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering how everyone goes about finding that "specific" Original Art piece they want e.g. how do you go about getting the original art for hero, volume2, issue 42, page 3, 1982?

I'm trying to find a somewhat specific piece for a friend and just wondering how to go about it.

You have to be extremely lucky. I would start by checking out Comic Art Fans and doing a search. You could also find out who reps the artist and check their website or see if the artist sells their own work. Even then, all of the stars have to align in order to get a specific page/piece (more so if it is already sold and in someone's collection.) What is it that you were looking for (or was your example it)? Good luck. Part of the fun of the hobby is the hunt. 2c

Oh, and welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

Alas, I thought as much. I'm looking to get a friend the original art for a page from a supergirl, thought if there was a simple way of finding any pages I liked that it couldn't hurt to ask. Nevertheless, If you have supergirl I say check the marketplace and tell me!

Strange... I swear i searched it for supergirl....though i should say when i searched for supergirl i was focussed on the latest series (2000 and up).

I like the way you think! Wish my friends thought like that...

I thought it was a good idea, she likes supergirl and this way she owns something a little unique as it where.

Also if anyone happens to be looking for something similar -

http://www.theartistschoice.com

The Website owner was quick to reply and pointed me in the direction of which particular artists i should look at. Made finding what i wanted easier... though so many pretty pages makes me wish i had more money...

Side Note: If anyone's interested the one i think i'll go with is This One or This One

Now, to find myself a nice silver surfer splash page...