• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby $31K interior page

10 posts in this topic

When the cover to FF57 sold at Christies exactly 10 years ago for a then record $30K (well actually it was $29K) who would have thought a interior from the same book would sell ten years later for a similar price. Mind boggling. So whos the lucky owner?

Clem...

That was a krazy sale. Congrats to the seller.

However, it is a page from (arguably) the greatest SA FF story ever. It had everything you'd want - Doom, the Surfer, Kirby "Cosmic Power".

Chromium and I were PM'ing about the page (he alerted me to the auction). We were guessing around 25K.

The last page I can recall from that arc on the auction block was a few years ago (same issue, with doom flying around on the Surfer's board). IIRC it hit around 15K. This recent page was far superior, IMO.

Still, pretty crazy. But, I guess when you compare it to the most recent KJ sale, about right.

And to think a CAF member owns the Surfer-Doom splash page from this book...

If that ever comes to auction, I see records getting shattered

Yep. The single greatest page in the history of comics. :cloud9:

Detective 35 page 1 splash? Steranko's (fill in any one of many) psychedelic page? Action 1 origin page? ASM 96 final page? Early Simon/Kirby Cap splash? Adams GL? To each his own, my friend.

And to think a CAF member owns the Surfer-Doom splash page from this book...

If that ever comes to auction, I see records getting shattered

Yep. The single greatest page in the history of comics. :cloud9:

Detective 35 page 1 splash? Steranko's (fill in any one of many) psychedelic page? Action 1 origin page? ASM 96 final page? Early Simon/Kirby Cap splash? Adams GL? To each his own, my friend.

does the tec 35 splash exist?

that's the smoking gun splash, correct?