• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My work here is done.....

27 posts in this topic

This is Quentin...

Quentin is just over two years and can't read yet.

In fact he's just getting into the whole 'potty-thing', but he sure knows how to have fun on a rainy day...

Another true believer joins the ranks

My work here is done... acclaim.gif

Qspider.jpg

Nice pic!!

At the risk of coming off negative, I've found that comic readers are incredibly easy to create, but it's virtually impossible to develop comic buyers.

For example, I'm a generous guy and give comics away all the time. Kids love reading them, and when I have visitors, I sometimes toss them some Marvel reprints to read, and they love it.

Then again, I have yet to see these kids or their parents laying down the cash for any new comics or back issues (I ask). I really believe it's peer influence at work along with insane cover prices, as when I was growing up, comics were "our domain" and priced accordingly, but now they're seen as "old fogie material" at "gotta have a FT job to afford them" and probably always will be.

Adults destroy kid's hobbies.

Oh yeah, when he's a teenager, make sure Uncles Darth and Lighthouse send him the gems from our personal "reading material"... tongue.gif

Why wait til he's a teenager? This is Europe we're talking about... He should be ready for wine with dinner and Cherry Poptart for dessert by the time of the impending CGC crash...

If you throw an M-Bag in the mail tomorrow it just might get there in time... smile.gif

Great pic Chromium! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sharp looking lad.

He looks like the mailman! devil.gif

Chris

Djeesh..how many times do I have to tell you....

Darth is NOT a mailman, he's a postal inspector....

Hey....nowwaitaminute.... confused.gif