• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspicious about this win?

11 posts in this topic

I would have asked for better scans, but I would have bought it.

There doesn't appear to be anything major wrong with it, but I can't see the edges or corners very well. Also, he says it's probably "8.0 - 9.0", which means to me that it's probably 7.0 - 8.0.

I got my GS X-Men 1 for $310 in a similar situation. Strangely low BIN, relatively new Ebayer with under 100 feedback, sub-par scans. Not a book I intended to flip, so I was ok when the book turned out to be a 7.0.

Well, you know the saying 'you snooze, you....."

Well, I've done it plenty before, seen a good B.I.N. pondered on it then lost it within seconds. And they way I see it, it's miles better than THIS , and that looks like a VG?

For $350, you really can't lose, because I don't think he's a scammer, and even if he DOES grade too liberally, it's not gonna be SO off that $350 is a gyp.

I seem to remember a certain forum member (cough *Scottish* cough) that held the same viewpioint, to his everlasting regret... 27_laughing.gif

Well, you know the saying 'you snooze, you....."

Well, I've done it plenty before, seen a good B.I.N. pondered on it then lost it within seconds. And they way I see it, it's miles better than THIS , and that looks like a VG?

Yeah, that one has several obvious detractions. Nasty top left corner (I would not be surprised to find a 1/4" split up there) and easily visible stresses all along Wolverine's arm. And that's from a crappy pic. Imagine what it looks like in person.

Well, as long as it is not restored shocked.gif, I think my $350 is safe!

As for the MVS, I have asked him to confirm that it IS intat and that it is unrestored. I know that these are just words in an email, but we will see.

I'll keep you all posted.

Kev

For $350, you really can't lose, because I don't think he's a scammer, and even if he DOES grade too liberally, it's not gonna be SO off that $350 is a gyp.

I seem to remember a certain forum member (cough *Scottish* cough) that held the same viewpioint, to his everlasting regret... 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, but a seller's feedback will say a lot, too.

Oh, wait--nevermind. I just remembered that comic-keys has over 99% positive.

Okay, I'm wrong.