• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #13 on eBay - missing first wrap?

12 posts in this topic

There's a raw Supes #13 on eBay right now getting some healthy bids considering the book is detached from the bottom staple, and not exactly firmly attached at the top staple either. The pics of front and back cover are very attractive, but the pics of the interior tell a different story. My biggest concern, the pic showing page 1 reveals it to be an ad page, which seems unlikely? Can someone with a copy of the book, or of the Superman archives Vol. 4 take a look and confirm whether page one is story or ad? I'm pretty sure this book is missing at least its first wrap.

Superman #13

That's just nuts. No doubt, it's a pretty book from the outside, but if the high bidder sends it to CGC, they're going to be very disappointed with the results.

a perfect example of a book that shows much better than the technical/structural grade will be.

It really is a pretty book, makes me wonder if the buyer even looked closely at the blown staples, or was just struck by the overall condition and eye appeal of the book.

Ze-

PS

sweet sig imag. How did you make that?

Thanks!

(I'm a graphic designer. It was made thanks to Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, a slow day at the office, and the ability to make even the simplest task overly complicated.) :acclaim: