• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numb3rs

59 posts in this topic

Did anyone catch the episode of Numbers Friday night with the theft of a rare comic book at a convention? it was an interesting episode that in my opinion was intelligent and did not mock fans. Wil Wheaton was the owner of a rare comic that was stolen and Christopher Lloyd was an old comic artist who seemed to be based on Jack Kirby.

You can watch it on cbs.com for free. Lots of little Star Trek cameos- uniforms, life size Kirk cut out figure, etc.

Here is the link:

Your friend wants you to check out this free video on innertube from CBS.

[http://www.cbs.com/innertube/index.php?src=email&vid=170688&format=wmv|flv]

Watch it now!

Title: Full Episodes: Numb3rs

Episode: Graphic

Description: Charlie works to find an extremely rare comic that was stolen during a deadly robbery at a comic book convention.

Well - I'll revive this thread... I actually just acquired one of the copies of Ultra World that was used in the that episode of Numb3rs. This copy comes from Mike Vosburg - the real artist who drew that Ultra World ashcan comic.

The copy that was given to Vosburg was signed by himself, Trevor Goring, and Jim Wheelock (who also worked on the show) on 11/1/07 and encapsulated in a real CGC case with No Grade. The question I have is why doesn't this appear in the CGC Census?

Given that this is CGC certified, I have to assume this is "the real" copy worth $2 mil. Anyone interested? Given the economy, I might be willing to let it go for $1.9 mil.

Well - I'll revive this thread... I actually just acquired one of the copies of Ultra World that was used in the that episode of Numb3rs. This copy comes from Mike Vosburg - the real artist who drew that Ultra World ashcan comic.

The copy that was given to Vosburg was signed by himself, Trevor Goring, and Jim Wheelock (who also worked on the show) on 11/1/07 and encapsulated in a real CGC case with No Grade. The question I have is why doesn't this appear in the CGC Census?

Given that this is CGC certified, I have to assume this is "the real" copy worth $2 mil. Anyone interested? Given the economy, I might be willing to let it go for $1.9 mil.

1.8 and you might have yourself a deal.

It was a re run... Ultra Comic's #1 was the name used for the comic book. The plot is about a counterfeit book being sold. All of the sudden there are a few of a book where there is supposedly only one known to exist. How the creator was robbed of his rights and down on his luck a bit. It wasn't half bad.... I'd give away the ending. But what would be the fun in that?

I have that episode on DVD... What the heck...