• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White Pages

8 posts in this topic

I have been changing over pretty much all of my comics from bags to mylites recently. Not all that recently as it has taken about 5 months and I am only about half done. Sad thing is I only have about 1200 or so comics and I might change over about 20 a night. Good thing is I read about 20 a night. lol

Anyways, one of the things I have noticed while going through everything is the page quality. My collection consists of Spiderman (pretty much every title) Sgt. Rock, bunch of modern titles and Batman and Detective.

Obviously with the older issues, page quality is an issue. My question is with moderns. Specifically within the last 10 or so years.

Does the paper used in newer comics deteriorate or tan at anywhere near the rate of a bronze age issue?

Has anyone seen a modern CGC book with anything other than white pages?

Does white pages even mean the same thing anymore as the newer comics are not even really white?

Just curious and a little bored. Any thoughts?

Shawn

I personally prefer the paper stock of the SA/BA over the "slick" feel of the moderns. Don't know the deterioration rate of the new paper though :shrug:

By all means, so do I. The best part of the old paper stock is the smell. :cloud9: With the new stuff, no smell. :(

I personally prefer the paper stock of the SA/BA over the "slick" feel of the moderns. Don't know the deterioration rate of the new paper though :shrug:

By all means, so do I. The best part of the old paper stock is the smell. :cloud9: With the new stuff, no smell. :(

Oh, god, yeah.... the smell.... there's a certain essence to that old newsprint smell that brings back memories.....

Oh, god, yeah.... the smell.... there's a certain essence to that old newsprint smell that brings back memories.....

Here I thought I was the only crazy one who loved the smell of Bronze age and older comics! Who knew? :insane:

Here I thought I was the only crazy one who loved the smell of Bronze age and older comics! Who knew? :insane:

The smell of Bronze age and older comics! :cloud9: (thumbs u