• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper's Comic Con Report

61 posts in this topic

Nice seeing you again trooper, sorry I couldn't hang out with you guys more. I'll have a brief con report later on as it's bed time.

But here's a quick one.

Got books signed fast, hung out at Barry Kitson's booth rest of weekend.

Thursday ate with Buck and the CGC crew.

Friday ate with Barry Kitson, Chad Olson, Miki and John Hagashi

Saturday bought some art and got the nicest free sketch I have ever seen.

Just some observations about the con as a whole:

1: Lots of GA books available, some priced very high but most dealers were willing to negotiate.

2: Chuck was present in all his hippy glory and so was Harley Yee. Both were picking other sellers clean of their good HG SA stuff. (I have a pic of Chuck, yet to be uploaded)

3: Not a single HG SA DC war book was to be found, very frustrating for me.

4: The toys and cards sellers didn't look to be selling too much product.

Actually, I had a ton of high grade Silver Age DC War books. I have bought 2 nice collections in the past 2 months. He spent so much money at my table in the first 5 minutes, I think he was afraid to come back and look some more.

Nice to meet you guys at the show, and thanks for the business.

1: Lots of GA books available, some priced very high but most dealers were willing to negotiate.

2: Chuck was present in all his hippy glory and so was Harley Yee. Both were picking other sellers clean of their good HG SA stuff. (I have a pic of Chuck, yet to be uploaded)

Actually, I had a ton of high grade Silver Age DC War books. I have bought 2 nice collections in the past 2 months. He spent so much money at my table in the first 5 minutes, I think he was afraid to come back and look some more.

You seemed to have a ton of high grade everything. I got to your booth when my wallet was pretty light, wish I would have gotten there sooner. Still picked up sweet copies of TOD 16 (best cover eva!) and a Weird War 4.

Hope you're back next year. :)

Where are the hookers? :sumo:

Nice report, Vaughn. Who was that holding your skoal can?

that's me, oh bad pic...flash was in my eye, blinked.

I would have bet a million dollars I could have picked you out of crowd. Boy, would I have lost.

Why did you take a picture of the Predator guy's azz?

You've seen pictures of me before....I just gained a little weight since that last photo I posted here.

Actually, I do remember that you had some DC War books. But you are right, was avoiding your table after that large purchase I made from you. Was afraid all my Con cash would go to one dealer....had to spread the love. Give me a few months and show me some more, my buying is on hold right now.

is it just me or does trooper need to adjust the colour settings on his scanner? i was thinking you had done a good job at picking up a bunch of badly faded books, but looking at that SOSH 9, it occurs it's prolly the scanner.

great con report, btw. kudos

I bought two nice books from Dale at the show, a CGC Jungle Action #1 and a sweet raw Secrwets of Sinister House #5. I've been buying from him for years, I just didn't put two and two together. I probably should have paid more attention in years past to the giant sign that says "Dale Roberts Comics." :insane: Always one of the friendliest and best stocked dealers at Mid-Ohio.

--S.

Where are the hookers? :sumo:

Nice report, Vaughn. Who was that holding your skoal can?

that's me, oh bad pic...flash was in my eye, blinked.

I would have bet a million dollars I could have picked you out of crowd. Boy, would I have lost.

Why did you take a picture of the Predator guy's azz?

You've seen pictures of me before....I just gained a little weight since that last photo I posted here.

I think he is referring to the fact that you are Wolverine-sized.