• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Steranko Fan Club Thread

129 posts in this topic

met him a few years ago at a con....alot of fun to talk to....he had some OA from Nick Fury and some great Shadow paintings. He signed this psoter for me and his currently hanging in my office.

frames002.jpg

I was reading a BA Marvel recently and saw a set of posters by Steranko for sale. Not the popular set I had seen before, but a different one. Now I wish I could remember what book it was, and which set it was for sale. The Hulk poster had a definite Cap 110 feel to it.

Since this is his official fan club I figured you would know.

:wishluck:

Besides the SA X-Men, the only Steranko book I used to own was Nick Fury #3. (At least, I think it was #3. It had a girl being chased by a hound on the cover.) I got rid of it in my mid-80's college era purge.

50 is by far his best X-men cover.

I agree Jim. I hope to have a 9.4 copy of #50 someday. Here are examples of my admission to the club. Met the man back in 1990 and had a nice conversation with him about Orson Welles.

Signed on the first page by Steranko.

NickFury1.jpg

CGC 9.4 White #110

CaptainAmerica110New.jpg

Signed by Steranko on the title page.

SterankoNoir2.jpg

Scott

I'll have to check on the date of the program he signed for me but it was no later than 1970. Then I met him again in 2006. Thirty six years later. His hair was still magnificent. :-)

I'll hunt down the program and post scans sometime soon.

Another great Cap cover:

Cap113.jpg

A classic Strange Tales Fury cover:

ST167.jpg

Classic Fury, in homage to a Williamson EC cover:

NickFury6.jpg

And one of many Bronze covers Steranko did for Marvel:

Shield1.jpg