• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree list and history thread

56 posts in this topic

At one point or another they are all part of the IRS Collection. :P

is that a good, or bad thing?

Bad, bad, bad. Definitely bad.

How so?

I am sorry. I took your legitimate question and turned it into a joke. Albeit, not a very good one. I am currently heavily medicated. :(

It's ok...Yeah it's true and obvious that I plain just don't know that much about the subject, and I don't have any problem with coming right out and saying that I don't...even with all the pokes, and jabs, it's all in good fun. For Me anyway.

What happened to Circle 8?
Good question... hm it was not on the list

Just my opinion, I have always thought of the Circle 8s as an accumulation, or warehouse find, and not a pedigree. Kinda like the Mile High II collection. A huge assortment of books in multiples in nice shape that weren't collected, per se, but amassed.

The thought is that they are newstand returns that were, well, not returned. So it's not like many of the other pedigrees where they purchased by a single person off the newstand.

I know what the green river is thanks to reading Redhook's site but what is the bowling green?

I am finding it difficult to find info on the Northland set as well. Red hook was kind enough to forward what info he had available to me.

I have a Brave And The Bold #48 from the IRS COLLECTION. I did'nt see it in the list. Is there any info some where else that I can look at on the IRS COLLECTION? (shrug)

Like the More Fun Collection and others, the IRS Collection was a group of books accumulated second hand by a collector. As such it doesn't fit the main criteria of a pedigree collection - the books must be original owner. Therefore it isn't included in the book.

Tim (I can't remember his last name- Sparks?) in New Mexico was the buyer of the IRS Collection and should have the original list.

Was it Tim Collins? RTS Unlimited I think was the name of his company.

I know what the green river is thanks to reading Redhook's site but what is the bowling green?

I am finding it difficult to find info on the Northland set as well. Red hook was kind enough to forward what info he had available to me.

Here's an old thread about the Northland books: Northland original listings

Here's an old thread about the Northland books: Northland original listings

Thank you, Sir Bob of Siman.

I have a Brave And The Bold #48 from the IRS COLLECTION. I did'nt see it in the list. Is there any info some where else that I can look at on the IRS COLLECTION? (shrug)

Like the More Fun Collection and others, the IRS Collection was a group of books accumulated second hand by a collector. As such it doesn't fit the main criteria of a pedigree collection - the books must be original owner. Therefore it isn't included in the book.

Tim (I can't remember his last name- Sparks?) in New Mexico was the buyer of the IRS Collection and should have the original list.

Bingo!

Bingo!

Cool. I like little factoids like that.

I think the Sparks you were thinking of was the guy that ended up with Bruce Ellsworths store in Santa Fe. His name was Sparks.

I have a 'Mass. copy', but know nothing about this pedigree.

I've had a search around the net but all I can find is sales of other 'Mass. copies', no real info.

Anyone know anything about this 'Massachusetts pedigree'? (shrug)

EDIT: Answered my own question: http://www.comiccollectors.net/pedigree_massachusetts.php