• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Media Blitz for Amazing Spider-Man 500...

5 posts in this topic

Copied without permission. tongue.gif

Hey True Believers!

One of the biggest releases of the fall hits on October 22nd, the historic 500th issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. Since the FOC is this week, we've already seen some numbers and they're incredible, and once you and readers get to see the final product - a huge JMS-JRJr. Marvel SuperHero Slugfest (and featuring one of the great covers of the year by J. Scott Campbell) - your show of faith will be rewarded.

We also have some major mainstream media promotions in the works, including a network morning show blitz the morning of the 22nd, so stock up on what will be the latest in a growing trend of red-hot releases.

And pssst ... the issue also features meeting between Peter Parker and much beloved figure from the past, drawn by no other than JOHN ROMITA Sr. This will be a must-have for anyone who's ever been a Spider-Man fan! Here's more:

"Peter Parker spends his birthday as Spider-Man when an inter-dimensional threat descends on Manhattan, spurring Spidey into battle alongside a who's who of Marvel Universe guest-stars, including the Fantastic Four, Thor, Iron Man, the X-Men's Cyclops and Dr. Strange. The battle culminates in a trip through time, where Peter/Spider-Man meets ALL of his greatest adversaries like Doctor Octopus and the Green Goblin, and one very special and unexpected reunion drawn by JOHN ROMITA SR.!"

I guess the obvious is Uncle Ben.

Mark me down for a copy.

I just hope they play the media thing correctly and don't go drawing in the speculators with a dream of buying 100 copies and putting their kids through college.

They need to take the exposure and make something positive out of it.

What are the chances of that happening?

Slim or none? confused-smiley-013.gif