• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is Harold?

29 posts in this topic

I don't know Harold, but I subscribe to ancestry.com, and I found his phone number there.

Planning on giving Harold a call?

Maybe. Hard to know if he'd enjoy the call or just be annoyed with some stranger calling to talk comics. He'd be 79 years old now. A year older than my Dad.

Oh wow.. I doubt he will be annoyed.. I'm wondering if he knows that his comics have been traveling to different parts of North America.. A little history about what he collected and how he started would be great to hear. Anyways, if you do call him, please let us know the details.

The seller of the NY Worlds Fair just listed it on ebay as a buy it now with a reasonable price- $2095. I think it sold very quickly. It was listed on comiclink for a while (and still is) at $3100. Are either the buyer or seller involved in this forum? I have seen a few CGC 1940 copies going for less then OS and GPA values recently, on ebay and Heritage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160186640447&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Looks like the eBay auction is still active. The seller has posted on the boards in the past, but I haven't seen him post in quite some time. Not a bad price for that book, and yes, others have noticed that it's been selling for below guide for a while now. The 5.0 on CL looks like a nicer copy, and that does belong to a board member.

Did anyone ever call and talk to Harold? :)

I guess I should've called when I first found the phone number. Harold Giehne of Racine, Wisconsin passed away on May 27th of this year. :(

Thanks for the comics, Harold. And for letting us know who you were. (thumbs u