• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just for fun..a little speculation

13 posts in this topic

A little speculation here.

If a HOM 175 Oakland copy surfaced in auction, and was say 9.4 OW/W, perfect centering...what do you guys think it would go for. Top copy is a lone 9.4 with none higher.

I don't own the copy any longer, but me and another board member were speculating and I was curious what you guys think.

It would depend on how many crazed comics fans had an interest in it.
Isn't that kind of like saying the sky is blue?

But then again, the question asked was kind of like, what color is the sky?

1.5 years ago I would say $1000. Thats only if it was a cgc 9.4 with offwhite or better pages and nice QP. Might have even gone a little higher.

Today, I would say $700.

Its definetely one of the hardest HofM to find above 9.0. The only other issues that are almost as difficult to find above 9.0 are 179, 190 and 205. 2c

1.5 years ago I would say $1000. Thats only if it was a cgc 9.4 with offwhite or better pages and nice QP. Might have even gone a little higher.

Today, I would say $700.

Its definetely one of the hardest HofM to find above 9.0. The only other issues that are almost as difficult to find above 9.0 are 179, 190 and 205. 2c

You think that book has cooled off? lol

How many people are looking for a high grade copy? One 9.2 and one 9.4 on census...

I find it amusing how we speculate on books none of us are really looking for like 9.6 Spider-Man's #1...or 9K GL 76's....I think this book is hitting too close to home though. A 9.4 would cause a feeding frenzy that would blow right past $700.

I sold a 9.6 Witching Hour #2 which is a book for $1200 on C-Link for full asking price the first hour it listed.....this book is so much more in demand than that.