• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you go to Conventions.

What is your main focus when attendending cons?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main focus when attendending cons?

56 posts in this topic

mostly GA books, but also to hang out with forum buddies :cool:

usually no crack to be found though. (shrug)

I did have skoal, I believe I offered some to you.

lol funny thing is, I could probably get high off of skoal, I'm such a light weight.

First and foremost to meet, whether first time or catching up to, forumites.

Buy as many funny books as I can/afford

Get away from the everyday routine grind.

People: Seeing forumites again or for the first time; seeing my favorite dealers again

Books: See dealers' inventory in person. Scans are good, but nothing beats seeing a book up close and personal

Everything else is icing on the cake (thumbs u

To seek out crack of fellow boardies :banana:

Fixed that for ya!

:jokealert:

I only go to turn GA Collectibles into my personal coat check.

:jokealert:

No really, I go so I can schedule dinners that I don't show up at.

Ha-ha - beat you guys to it!

:boo:

I actually only go to shows to meet people...whether it's boarders or dealers I need to catch up with, whatever...they are the only reason I go these days.

Unfortunately, I remember the 'good old days', when it was about comics, comics and more comics. What I see these days has pretty much no appeal. :(

However, the best show I've been to in years was Wizard World Philly this year. The show sucked, I bought almost nothing...but I met up with a whole bunch of brilliant people (kudos still go out to BK for his hospitality (worship) )and had an excellent time, especially at dinner Thursday and Friday night. The highlight for me was sitting my wife, Sally Sunshine herself, next to Bob 'Laughing Boy' Storms at the Friday dinner...and watch Bob try to maintain his usual dour, cynical, depressing manner in the face of such unrelenting, perky optimism.

Worth the price of admission alone! lol

I actually only go to shows to meet people...whether it's boarders or dealers I need to catch up with, whatever...they are the only reason I go these days.

Unfortunately, I remember the 'good old days', when it was about comics, comics and more comics. What I see these days has pretty much no appeal. :(

However, the best show I've been to in years was Wizard World Philly this year. The show sucked, I bought almost nothing...but I met up with a whole bunch of brilliant people (kudos still go out to BK for his hospitality (worship) )and had an excellent time, especially at dinner Thursday and Friday night. The highlight for me was sitting my wife, Sally Sunshine herself, next to Bob 'Laughing Boy' Storms at the Friday dinner...and watch Bob try to maintain his usual dour, cynical, depressing manner in the face of such unrelenting, perky optimism.

I look forward to meeting you at a show sometime Nick...but we will have to avoid a vat of creamed corn.

I look forward to meeting you at a show sometime Nick...but we will have to avoid a vat of creamed corn.

You drink creamed corn in Texas??? :o

that, Rich, I'm taking you to a proper bar! (thumbs u