• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX or CGC?

22 posts in this topic

What are the differences between the two graders in terms of value in the comic book community, i.e. other than cost involved with their services and the time it takes to turn a book around?

To me what there is no difference between a 9.0 PGX and a 9.0 CGC, but I have seen CGC books fetch much higher prices? So what is the difference?

Also has anyone ever had a book graded by CGC and then by PGX to see where the two companies stand on grading?

What are the differences between the two graders in terms of value in the comic book community, i.e. other than cost involved with their services and the time it takes to turn a book around?

To me what there is no difference between a 9.0 PGX and a 9.0 CGC, but I have seen CGC books fetch much higher prices? So what is the difference?

Also has anyone ever had a book graded by CGC and then by PGX to see where the two companies stand on grading?

Here you go...the answer to all your questions...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=search

To me what there is no difference between a 9.0 PGX and a 9.0 CGC, but I have seen CGC books fetch much higher prices? So what is the difference?People trust CGC more and CGC'd books get higher prices

Also has anyone ever had a book graded by CGC and then by PGX to see where the two companies stand on grading? There have been numerous threads about this. Most recently by TheGreatSatan? where he bought PGX 9.9 moderns and sent them to CGC

sorry to say this so bluntly, and i acknowledge that this is inflammatory, but if you spend money sending books to PGX, then you need to have your head examined.

only exception i personally would not find silly is that you bought the book yourself off the shelf and it was uber-high grade.

all the rest is just a giant waste of money.

i was thinking, looking through the latest ComicLink auction, that it would be a fun exercise to do a grading contest using scans of PGX-graded books. i've seen books in 6.0 PGX holders that are VG at best, and vice versa too many times to have any - ANY - respect for their ability to tell their butts from a collection of holes in the ground.

your mileage may vary

Hi..welcome.

Avoid PGX...seriously..you know it makes sense :gossip:

huh?! doh!

huh?! doh!

My thoughts exactly...and on that bombshell..I bid you all goodnight :acclaim:

wow. i'm so sick of looking at that picture. somebody put it out of its misery.

AdBlock :gossip:

Ditto

i have your photobucket account adblocked (thumbs u

Ditto

i like seeing the signatures and comic-related items. oh well.

Yeah, he's managed to get himself the biggest sig line on the boards...again. doh!

Ditto

i like seeing the signatures and comic-related items. oh well.

if you use Firefox as your browser, you can get an add-on called AdBlockPlus, which will allow you to "block" any image you choose by right clicking on it and selecting "AdBlock this image..."

voila. image is no longer displayed in your browser.

if you're still using IE, then i got nothing for you brother

Ditto

Sucks for you when I list the Doom Patrols.

Ditto

Sucks for you when I list the Doom Patrols.

actually sucks for you since no one else will buy them