• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forums discussed on Comic Zone

24 posts in this topic

Hi fellow Goons...

Not long finished my interview with Vincent for next week's show.

This place was discussed (I brought it up)...in a good way (thumbs u

Should go to air I think next wednesday.

Hope its not pulled too much in the edit.

Please have a listen if you can.

Goon.

So, what was the interview about? CGC Forums only or in passing?

Mainly EC and Comic stuff in general. I brought up the forums and Vincent was keen to talk about them at some length, so it will be interesting to see how much makes the final edit.

The whole show was unscripted, un re-hearsed and I had no idea of any questions beforehand, but we got along pretty well.

Should be worth a listen...just hope I don't embarrass myself too much. :blush:

I was on there once, about two and a half years ago. It was a very informal and off the cuff interview about comic retailing, and being a retailer who stocks old comics. Vincent asks great questions and keeps things going very smoothly. While I was being interviewed I thought things were going well, but when I heard it later I thought I sounded like a total dork. It is very hard to listen to yourself speak.

I listened to your interview at the time Richard and thought it was very good.

Thanks. I wasn't fishing for a compliment, but I will sure take it.

I was really trying convey to Goon how much different one sounds when heard from the outside...if you know what I mean.

It is kinda like reading posts on the boards. I subconsciously put a voice to different posters based on their writing style. Then when I meet them at shows or where ever, that voice changes. Doc Watson didn't have the southern twang until a few weeks ago!

I was really trying convey to Goon how much different one sounds when heard from the outside...if you know what I mean.

It is kinda like reading posts on the boards. I subconsciously put a voice to different posters based on their writing style. Then when I meet them at shows or where ever, that voice changes. Doc Watson didn't have the southern twang until a few weeks ago!

Aw, shucks, ya'll. :blush:

I know what you mean.

I worked in Broadcasting in the 1980s and have heard myself many times, I'm beyond the Cringe factor now.

Also don't mind being video'd or having cameras pointed at me, even tho' I'm not photo-genic.

You are what you are...thats my view ;)

I was on there once, about two and a half years ago. It was a very informal and off the cuff interview about comic retailing, and being a retailer who stocks old comics. Vincent asks great questions and keeps things going very smoothly. While I was being interviewed I thought things were going well, but when I heard it later I thought I sounded like a total dork. It is very hard to listen to yourself speak.

Well, aren't you? I mean, you are into comics... :shrug:

Seriously though, hearing yourself is always difficult.

Well, aren't you? I mean, you are into comics... :shrug:

Seriously though, hearing yourself is always difficult.

As soon as I hit submit I knew that was coming! (thumbs u