• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goon and Vincent Online now

32 posts in this topic

Tom- Great job on the show! It was great talking EC, collecting and about the guys on the Forum!

Hopefully we can do it again some time. Tomorrow I will have an interview with Diamond International Galleries President John Snyder and next week Todd McFarlane. Very excited! Saturday off to London for Led Zeppelin Reunion! I just found out I have a seat in the 1st 8 rows!!!!!

Vincent

Hey Vincent.

Thanks for having me on the show, I enjoyed talking Comic Books with you.

Have a safe trip to London & back, and have a blast at the Concert.

It will be an experience you'll always remember I'm sure.

Best Wishes

Tom

Hi Thomas, enjoyed the interview and it was nice to hear a fellow British collector speak about his passion. As my forum name suggests I'm a Marvel fan but the interview aroused my interest in EC books, can you recommend some for a first timer,

Phil

Hi Thomas, enjoyed the interview and it was nice to hear a fellow British collector speak about his passion. As my forum name suggests I'm a Marvel fan but the interview aroused my interest in EC books, can you recommend some for a first timer,

Phil

Hi Phil.

Thats great, for me that was the whole point, and if that turns just one person onto EC, then its worthwhile.

If you're talking about actual Title runs, thats tricky depending on your interest.

Basically Horror, War, Crime or Sci-Fi....altho' there are other genres.

I'd start off by getting one of the Horror titles such as TALES FROM THE CRYPT, VAULT OF HORROR or HAUNT OF FEAR and either a SCI-FI title of WEIRD SCIENCE or WEIRD FANTASY and/or any other title such as CRIME SUSPENSTORIES.

Read one of each issue alternatively to give you a general feel, and remember that as the issues progress from 1950 onwards, the stories and the art improves and matures...like fine wine....not to say that there are no gems early on, cos' there are a few.

Good luck, and if you need any help or assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

You can always vist the website as well for more info.

www.x7-online-ec-museum.com

Also I just posted a reply to your thread request asking for locations to decent Comic Fairs.

Tom

(thumbs u

Phil

Hi Phil.

Thats great, for me that was the whole point, and if that turns just one person onto EC, then its worthwhile.

If you're talking about actual Title runs, thats tricky depending on your interest.

I'd start off by getting one of the Horror titles such as TALES FROM THE CRYPT, VAULT OF HORROR or HAUNT OF FEAR and either a SCI-FI title of WEIRD SCIENCE or WEIRD FANTASY and/or any other title such as CRIME SUSPENSTORIES.

Read one of each issue alternatively to give you a general feel, and remember that as the issues progress from 1950 onwards, the stories and the art improves and matures...like fine wine....not to say that there are no gems early on, cos' there are a few.

Also I just posted a reply to your thread request asking for locations to decent Comic Fairs.

Tom

(thumbs u

As an addendum to the above Phil, you can always read an original EC story every Friday on these forums.......

here

I waited almost 20 years before reading my first EC book - I was drawn to them after reading Seduction of the Innocent back in middle school, but never had the opportunity to read once until a board member sent me a stack of the reprints a few months ago.

For me, who has always read mostly superhero comics, they were a welcome departure (especially in the terms of the quality of writing). As for which genre to choose, I thought I would gravitate towards the horror genre, but instead find the scifi stuff the best. However, all are quite similar in style - to me there isn't anything inherently different between EC's horror/scifi/war/crime/suspense tales. They are all great. But to a minor degree, I turn away from the horror, as the bookend cryptkeeper/etc. framing devices aren't my thing. But they are only a few panels, and the stories are usually great after that.

Just my 2 cents :)

is a 900 x 900 image in your sigline really necessary, Goon? i'm having fun adblocking your sigline image, but i wonder how much fun it is for people who don''t have this convenience

I will reduce it (thumbs u

Reduced....just for you (thumbs u

much obliged, but it wasn't for my sake. i have rather quite a few sigline images AdBlocked, so it wasn't an inconvenience for me at all. we have a few folks on dialup, tho, and it was them i was thinking about. and in the interest of full disclosure, you're not the first person i've asked to reduce the size of their sigline image(s).

congrats on the show. i did enjoy the EC story thread you did a couple weeks ago, too

Phil

Hi Phil.

Tom

(thumbs u

As an addendum to the above Phil, you can always read an original EC story every Friday on these forums.......

here

(thumbs u

is a 900 x 900 image in your sigline really necessary, Goon? i'm having fun adblocking your sigline image, but i wonder how much fun it is for people who don''t have this convenience

I will reduce it (thumbs u

Reduced....just for you (thumbs u

much obliged, but it wasn't for my sake. i have rather quite a few sigline images AdBlocked, so it wasn't an inconvenience for me at all. we have a few folks on dialup, tho, and it was them i was thinking about. and in the interest of full disclosure, you're not the first person i've asked to reduce the size of their sigline image(s).

congrats on the show. i did enjoy the EC story thread you did a couple weeks ago, too

Hi Sal.

Thanks for your kind words on the show & thread :foryou:

As regards the sig pic...

To be fair, you were'nt the only one who complained, and when I thought about it I realised it was inconsiderate of me.

I had'nt even thought about the 'dial-up' people :sorry:

To all those who have had to endure waiting for a pointless picture of absolutely no interest to them to download....

I sincerely apologise :foryou: