• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other comic art forums do you visit?

8 posts in this topic

I haven't found much other there. The CAF forums seem pretty dead. I found a site called munchinpress.com but that deals strictly in fantasy art and the forums are pretty dead there as well.

What other forums dealing with OA have you found?

To my knowledge, this is the one to be on. ( In conjunction with CAF.) If you check out the quality of the forums here, both subject matter and OA displays, it's hard to imagine a better venue for comic art. The quality and detail of OA information is insane, at least to me.

If someone knows of comparable site, I too would like to know as well..........

BTW ....Happy Holidays to ALL!

To my knowledge, this is the one to be on. ( In conjunction with CAF.) If you check out the quality of the forums here, both subject matter and OA displays, it's hard to imagine a better venue for comic art. The quality and detail of OA information is insane, at least to me.

If someone knows of comparable site, I too would like to know as well..........

BTW ....Happy Holidays to ALL!

Yeah this is a great site no doubt about it but I collect videogame artwork and its tough to find any information anywhere as no one else seems to collect it. So I was hoping for a little bit of of information from one or two more places might get me an extra deal or two or help me locate an artist I didn't know about.

comicart L is the main place to discuss art, its one of the yahoo groups.being goin for around 10 years or so

And it's great if you like to watch a bunch of grown men bicker about petty stuff or enjoy a good "gerbil in the butt" joke.

Seriously though, the "L" is a great place to get information and make some friends. I've been reading and participating on the list for about seven years now. But it's gotten to the point lately where a lot of people I know have left because they are sick of having to filter through the just to find the interesting stuff.

comicart L is the main place to discuss art, its one of the yahoo groups.being goin for around 10 years or so

And it's great if you like to watch a bunch of grown men bicker about petty stuff or enjoy a good "gerbil in the butt" joke.

Seriously though, the "L" is a great place to get information and make some friends. I've been reading and participating on the list for about seven years now. But it's gotten to the point lately where a lot of people I know have left because they are sick of having to filter through the just to find the interesting stuff.

The difference between this forum and the "L" is that here we sometimes have angry exchanges with one another on-line. Such heated exchanges are usually only temporary and gradually things cool down as common-sense prevails and we eventually return to civility.

On the "L", you can sometimes have an angry exchange with someone on-line - and the next thing the Moderators are jumping down your neck and things are made to look a lot worse than they actually are. Censorship there is a little too heavy-handed, in my opinion (and their list owner often flaunts the 'rules' that govern his site . . . simply because it's his 'sandpit'. So double-standards exist).

I prefer message boards to e-mail lists. On message boards like this one, threads stay organized, are easier to reference, and there's just generally less bs (well, not counting KK...). It's a shame that CAF, the default site for OA collectors, gets such little use out of its message boards. It's hard to change old habits, I guess.