• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pissed at comiclink

94 posts in this topic

While I figure the high shipping and CC fee into my purchase bid on C-Link, I still think both are a bit of BS. When you pay by CC it's tacked on and called a fee, so I don't see that as meaning a cash discount.

The one thing I can say to anyone defending their high shipping is, would you be defending an eBay seller who charges double shipping? I don't see what the difference is. So what that Josh runs a business, don't many eBayers? Many people/businesses ship well packed in a box with plenty of bubble wrap and peanuts and don't tack on $7. Heck, Mile High will ship your slabs for free if your order is over $40 right? Torpedo comics will ship your books for free if your order is over $15. They're businesses too. I just think we'd be all over an eBay seller tacking this much on, so I don't see why C-Link would get a free pass on the criticism.

I'm not trying to bash C-Link or their fees (for myself), because I now understand what I'm getting into when I make a purchase with them (and factor that in), but I can understand someone complaining and not being real happy with them as the original poster is finding out for the first time.

Hold on there bud! Mr. Nathinson is a dealer like everybody else. Only difference is he advertises as a consignment site but he co-owns and owns a number of books on his site. Only you don't know which ones are his.

But, in the case of buying comics from a consignment site, I just dont think it should be the site's burden alone

While I figure the high shipping and CC fee into my purchase bid on C-Link, I still think both are a bit of BS. When you pay by CC it's tacked on and called a fee, so I don't see that as meaning a cash discount.

The one thing I can say to anyone defending their high shipping is, would you be defending an eBay seller who charges double shipping? I don't see what the difference is. So what that Josh runs a business, don't many eBayers? Many people/businesses ship well packed in a box with plenty of bubble wrap and peanuts and don't tack on $7. Heck, Mile High will ship your slabs for free if your order is over $40 right? Torpedo comics will ship your books for free if your order is over $15. They're businesses too. I just think we'd be all over an eBay seller tacking this much on, so I don't see why C-Link would get a free pass on the criticism.

I'm not trying to bash C-Link or their fees (for myself), because I now understand what I'm getting into when I make a purchase with them (and factor that in), but I can understand someone complaining and not being real happy with them as the original poster is finding out for the first time.

The difference is that Comiclink cannot factor in the cost of doing business into their prices. Their prices are set by the sellers (except on books they are selling themselves, of course). It's a big difference, and it accounts for the 3% buyers premium, waived for non-CC payments, and a base shipping charge considerably higher than the actual cost.

On eBay, you are expected to roll the cost of doing business into your prices, which you set (or start things at).

Someone summed it up for me earlier - I have lots of problems with Clink, but this isn't one of them. There is still room for a truly neutral double blind site for comic trading, since Clink and comic-connect or comic-live (Metropolis) sure as hell aren't it.

But, in the case of buying comics from a consignment site, I just dont think it should be the site's burden alone

I agree...it should fall on the seller to absorb the CC fees...

Jim

I say greggy just needs to absorb everyone's CC fees.

I lose money every time I ship.....if I factored in my actual labor cost I'd be embarrassed what I'd have to charge.

Comiclink is a for real business, not just a hobby for a collector, so if he needs to charge that much to break even with employees, payroll taxes etc....I've got no beef with that.

Remember to buy a few books to make it worth the shipping, or buy very expensive books so the percentage is minimal.

Anyway, sorry you got surprised.

Cheers

Don't be pissed...arm yourself with knowledge...it's stated on their website or you can pick up the phone or email for that matter...$14 covers up to 3 books...buy more books or pay the stiff 1 book fee...as comicdey states, this is a full-fledged business with LOTS of overhead...DEAL!

And since when is it immoral to earn money?

Because this is a hobby, not a business. :doh: lol

It may be a hobby for you (and I) but not for comiclink...Doug/Pedigree charges $18 for 1 book but it's always FedEx 1-2 day delivery...most surprises for most people are due to laziness and/or ignorance (ignorance being a product of laziness)...ie., read the rules/costs you are submitting to...

The difference is that Comiclink cannot factor in the cost of doing business into their prices. Their prices are set by the sellers (except on books they are selling themselves, of course). It's a big difference, and it accounts for the 3% buyers premium, waived for non-CC payments, and a base shipping charge considerably higher than the actual cost.

On eBay, you are expected to roll the cost of doing business into your prices, which you set (or start things at).

Someone summed it up for me earlier - I have lots of problems with Clink, but this isn't one of them. There is still room for a truly neutral double blind site for comic trading, since Clink and comic-connect or comic-live (Metropolis) sure as hell aren't it.

Sure they can. They set the consignment fees. They should have to figure in CC costs just like any other business out there. They choose to accept those types of payments, but only want to reap the benefits of doing so without any burden of the costs. Padding profits off the shipping is just another way to increase their 10% consignment fees and pass more of their business cost burdens on to prospective buyers instead of sellers or themselves.

Sure they can. They set the consignment fees. They should have to figure in CC costs just like any other business out there. They choose to accept those types of payments, but only want to reap the benefits of doing so without any burden of the costs. Padding profits off the shipping is just another way to increase their 10% consignment fees and pass more of their business cost burdens on to prospective buyers instead of sellers or themselves.

I hear ya, and you are correct of course. But I think that 10% is marginal. It's not marginal on big sales, but I have to imagine that they handle lots of $100 sales too.

If you increase that 10% you are removing one of the best reasons to sell on Comiclink.

And since when is it immoral to earn money?

Because this is a hobby, not a business. :doh: lol

It may be a hobby for you (and I) but not for comiclink...Doug/Pedigree charges $18 for 1 book but it's always FedEx 1-2 day delivery...most surprises for most people are due to laziness and/or ignorance (ignorance being a product of laziness)...ie., read the rules/costs you are submitting to...

Call off the hounds... :jokealert:

No one wants to pay the price...but become a seller one day, and you truly understand the costs involved.