• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Con 2008

268 posts in this topic

I'll be there. The NY Comic-Con in 07 was MUCH better than it was in 06, and I can only imagine it'll be better in 08 now that the word is out. I agree that we need to find a much better venue for the CGC dinner. Something private, clean, and a little more formal than a BBQ place.

I might organize a comic art dinner during the show as well. I'll be at SDCC in 08 as well, and I'll definitely be doing a comic art dinner there.

I'll be there. The NY Comic-Con in 07 was MUCH better than it was in 06, and I can only imagine it'll be better in 08 now that the word is out. I agree that we need to find a much better venue for the CGC dinner. Something private, clean, and a little more formal than a BBQ place.

I might organize a comic art dinner during the show as well. I'll be at SDCC in 08 as well, and I'll definitely be doing a comic art dinner there.

I agree... I enjoyed this last show more than the first. It is getting better and better.

If you have a spot in mind for the dinner, feel free to post some info :thumbsup:

:censored:That sux. I got there two hours early last year and had about 100 yards worth of people in front of me. Probably more.

I know what you mean. On friday I waited outside for about 3 hours in the cold before the doors opened. The next day I walked to the con around noon and couldnt believe my eyes... the line appeared to be 4-5 blocks long... luckily two great guys got me in :)

This year I will be getting a dealers pass :)

:censored:That sux. I got there two hours early last year and had about 100 yards worth of people in front of me. Probably more.

I know what you mean. On friday I waited outside for about 3 hours in the cold before the doors opened. The next day I walked to the con around noon and couldnt believe my eyes... the line appeared to be 4-5 blocks long... luckily two great guys got me in :)

This year I will be getting a dealers pass :)

If I let you know when I'm going, can you let me in the back door? :gossip:

I'll be there. :grin:

The artist registration deadline for the show was this weekend so expect the guest list to expand. The majority of the artists already announced as "featured guests" are from the local NY area so it was easy for those individuals to commit early.

This will be the third year and the organizers are getting better at it. They rented more space to accommodate the crowds. The show is now in April instead of February so the weather will be a lot warmer if you are standing in line.

I can't always make SDCC so this is a good option for those on the East Coast.

Cheers!

N