• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[SCAM] Action#1 on ebay ?

24 posts in this topic

this one is in italy, so i guess there wont be anyone going to see it in person.

but what can we find out about it???

i have asked the seller for more pics. will be keeping you guys informed of what excuses he comes up with.... :grin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320189424892#description

B.

His Q&A answers seem like he knows our business a little, but the photo, and the overall format combined with the usual evasiveness screams 101% fraud in action (thumbs u

I thought the whole,

"This comic actually in 8.5 grade will go for over $750.000 usd, but it's not graded actually by CGC. I've received an offer for $22.000 for an ungraded comic but i'm thinking about it. probably if i don't receive a valid offer (about $130k) i will pull out the comic and i'll send it to the CGC to have it graded"

is a nice touch, and quite priceless.... as opposed to worthless, which we know is the real value of this auction.

scam? scam?...no way...this has to be 100% valid!...I mean, look at the great scan, and the great presention...and look at the great feedback ($4 magic cards)...nah, this has to be a real deal!...and a very nice person willing to sell a $750K comic for 22K... lol

check the old heritage file,and you will locate this nicely restored comic, with the slab "cropped" out of the ebay picture

rick

this one is in italy, so i guess there wont be anyone going to see it in person.

If you guys will pitch in for the flight I guess I will bite the bullet and go check it out for you. :wishluck:

If you guys will pitch in for the flight I guess I will bite the bullet and go check it out for you. :wishluck:

seller ended auction early....gee, I wonder why?

Now I don't get to go to Italy? :cry:

From the auction listing: "an important auction society has contacted me to take the item for a private auction. Before this this they must verify the integrity and originality of the comics. I'm going to close the auction and going to England to the auction society to complete the transaction needed."

meh