• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Profiles In History Update

20 posts in this topic

Since decent OA updates are becoming less and less frequent...

any thoughts?

www.profilesinhistory.com

That's a sweet Frankenstein plate - I like Hari's better, though.

I remember seeing that Blade Runner cover on eBay or maybe Burkey had it and I remember thinking that it was too cheap at the time since it was an Al Williamson cover for an iconic movie adaptation. It isn't as cheap anymore.

Wow though - those prices for Jim Lee art are astouding...

The detail on the Frankenstein plate is amazing - it makes my hands cramp up just looking at it - but I'd like it better if the Monster didn't have his face covered up.

The Vaughn Bode cover was somewhat interesting, but overall there wasn't anything I was looking for in the the catalog. Seemed like there wasn't all that much outside of the Hogarth and Ploog sections.

I called at 3:15 (15 minutes after the catalog went live) to check on 5 Hogarth pieces and I was only able to score one of them, the rest had already been sold.

Which one did you score?

Brian

I had the 2 Jim Lee pages and the Bode very recently.... at much cheaper prices!

PIH had someone buy them from me.

Mitch I.

That's a shame because I liked that X-Men #3, pg.1 splash...

Is it just me or does the Jim Lee splash seem twice market? I like the Frankenstein Plate as well, and the Hogarth originals were beautiful. I would love to have one of Hogarth's anatomy studies. But, overall, nothing there that made me open the wallet.

Since decent OA updates are becoming less and less frequent...

any thoughts?

www.profilesinhistory.com

That's a sweet Frankenstein plate - I like Hari's better, though.

I remember seeing that Blade Runner cover on eBay or maybe Burkey had it and I remember thinking that it was too cheap at the time since it was an Al Williamson cover for an iconic movie adaptation. It isn't as cheap anymore.

Wow though - those prices for Jim Lee art are astouding...

Thanks! I like my Plate better too. I would think that many would prefer the PIH Plate with the monster, but personally I like the romance and drama of the Plate that I have.

Very nice offering from PIH once again. I even like what they've done with their new webpage.

The one piece that they had in the past that I should have gone after was the Iron Man splash from Demon in a Bottle. I like the Alas, poor Yorick pose in which Layton placed Tony.

In this new group, the outstanding pieces have already been mentioned above. I do note that the Kane pre-lim looks familiar. Where & when did I see it offered this year?

I picked up the one entitled

“Morphos and the Rebels plan a reprisal”

The Spider was my top choice and the one I bought was second and everything else I wanted was sold.

I have a Hogarth Head Study but it is huge (25x38), this piece will be much easier to display.

There really wasn't a bad Hogarth, just some unusual examples not normally associated with him. The piece I bought will go nicely with the Krenkel's I have. I thought the prices were fairly reasonable for them. The Heck piece on the other hand.......

Some of the Mike Ploog OA from Planet of the Apes mag #1 seems reasonable at $500 with washtones.

I am choking on the "retail" price of the Frankenstein plate at $50k. I thought they were aggressively priced when they were 1st released on the market as part of the Sandy Blatt(sp?) collection by Russ Cochran in the $800-$900 range.

I am choking on the "retail" price of the Frankenstein plate at $50k. I thought they were aggressively priced when they were 1st released on the market as part of the Sandy Blatt(sp?) collection by Russ Cochran in the $800-$900 range.

Imagine how Sandy feels:baiting: