• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Souvenirs from 1983...

52 posts in this topic

Allan, i hope your daughter will feel better very soon...

My two kids are also currently sick, nothing serious however...

That's the bad part of having children... A lot of worries...

thanks man (thumbs u

it's a stomach bug, we just have to watch out she doesn't lose too much weight and sweat it out for a couple of days. Nothing too bad. Hope your flock gets well soon

My daughter was sick today so at 9 AM my wife called the doctor who came round about an hour later, examined her and wrote out a prescription.

Price for the house call was a little over $10.00 and the medicine came to about $4.00...

That was your out of pocket expense at the time service was rendered. However, what precentage of your taxes went to provide that service? As I understand it Belgium has the highest taxes in Europe (upwards of 55%)

My daughter was sick today so at 9 AM my wife called the doctor who came round about an hour later, examined her and wrote out a prescription.

Price for the house call was a little over $10.00 and the medicine came to about $4.00...

That was your out of pocket expense at the time service was rendered. However, what precentage of your taxes went to provide that service? As I understand it Belgium has the highest taxes in Europe (upwards of 55%)

Second highest.....but you are right it's the high taxation that gives us this comfort

Second highest.....but you are right it's the high taxation that gives us this comfort

I rather pay a little higher tax(not as much as you have been led to believe) than have no coverage. 50 million of us Americans have no coverage unlike the French,Brits and Canadians(all thier citizens are covered, don`t matter rich or poor). I have coverage but I have a lot of friends who are screwed if they get sick.

I rather pay a little higher tax(not as much as you have been led to believe) than have no coverage. 50 million of us Americans have no coverage unlike the French,Brits and Canadians(all thier citizens are covered, don`t matter rich or poor). I have coverage but I have a lot of friends who are screwed if they get sick.

Um, you're numbers are off quite a bit. The highest number anyone has been willing to say is 45 million (amazing how one presidential candidate went from saying 25 million to 45 million in the matter of 3 months) and that includes up to 20 million illegals, everyone who had ever had a lapse in insurance due to unemployment (voluntarily or nonvoluntarily even if they have coverage right now) and those who choose not to have it.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Um, you're numbers are off quite a bit. The highest number anyone has been willing to say is 45 million (amazing how one presidential candidate went from saying 25 million to 45 million in the matter of 3 months) and that includes up to 20 million illegals, everyone who had ever had a lapse in insurance due to unemployment (voluntarily or nonvoluntarily even if they have coverage right now) and those who choose not to have it.

Further, if you show up at any US hospital emergency room and can't pay, you get treated anyway. Amazing, huh?

Further, if you show up at any US hospital emergency room and can't pay, you get treated anyway. Amazing, huh?

That's not what I always hear, though it is not fact. And then you have to come up with the funds afterwards, don't you?

R.

That's not what I always hear, though it is not fact. And then you have to come up with the funds afterwards, don't you?

R.

I do not believe a hospital that accepts public funding can turn anyone away for any reason (short of logistical) without providing care, by law.

Getting stuck with a bill????lol So you get in a car accident, have no insurance, and need two surgeries and 14 days of treatment in the hospital. How does the hospital collect on the $200,000 bill? It gets written off. Part of reason why it costs $200,000 in the first place.

R.

I do not believe a hospital that accepts public funding can turn anyone away for any reason (short of logistical) without providing care, by law.

Getting stuck with a bill????lol So you get in a car accident, have no insurance, and need two surgeries and 14 days of treatment in the hospital. How does the hospital collect on the $200,000 bill? It gets written off. Part of reason why it costs $200,000 in the first place.

No question about who pays in France, one of my son got serious health problems 4 years ago, nearly 3 weeks in hospital and months to recover, total bill was more than 60000 euros as for what i was said ( because nobody talk about money in hospital here) and guess what i paid nothing, we have one of the best system in the world, and yes i pay every month since years and sometimes for others but that's how it works , when Health problems come in your family , that's really a big point to not think about how to pay .... 2c